Doom monster
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Source Ports > ScoreDoom 2.9 Full Release (updated to 2.9g)
Pages (15): « First ... « 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:47. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Nems
I don't know how to use the [img] tag


Posts: 269
Registered: 07-05


I spoke too soon. It worked just fine when I did a clean install and before the creation of zdoom-User.ini but the same crash I had before happens again once I quit, then start Scoredoom again to resume a game. The Big Backpacks I was able to pick up before now crash me back to the desktop when I try to pick them up when continuing from an autosave.

The crash report is the same as the one found in the Mediafile link I put up before. Here's a zip file with both of my ini files, one being my sdcustom.ini file and the other being my zdoom-User.ini file.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tpfzf9ip4prp60b

EDIT: Removing sdcustom.ini from the ScoreDoom directory and leaving zdoom-User.ini in the directory stops the crashing issues.

Was sdcustom.ini meant to remain within the directory after a first installation, or was it meant to be removed once zdoom-User.ini was created and thus taking its place?

Last edited by Nems on 10-15-10 at 23:33

Old Post 10-15-10 23:11 #
Nems is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BilboHicks
Member


Posts: 531
Registered: 11-07



Nems said:
I spoke too soon. It worked just fine when I did a clean install and before the creation of zdoom-User.ini but the same crash I had before happens again once I quit, then start Scoredoom again to resume a game. The Big Backpacks I was able to pick up before now crash me back to the desktop when I try to pick them up when continuing from an autosave.

The crash report is the same as the one found in the Mediafile link I put up before. Here's a zip file with both of my ini files, one being my sdcustom.ini file and the other being my zdoom-User.ini file.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tpfzf9ip4prp60b

EDIT: Removing sdcustom.ini from the ScoreDoom directory and leaving zdoom-User.ini in the directory stops the crashing issues.

Was sdcustom.ini meant to remain within the directory after a first installation, or was it meant to be removed once zdoom-User.ini was created and thus taking its place?



Hey, thanks for the detailed report, this will help me reproduce what is going on, and get a fix in. I will look into this over the weekend. Sounds like something going on with the creation of the zdoom-user.ini vs sdcustom.ini (obviously).

Yes, sdcustom.ini is meant to override whatever is in zdoom-user.ini

EDIT: Thanks for the providing the ini files as well, these will help.

EDIT 2: Haha, this was an obscure one. I didn't catch it before since I never really set wolfenstein SS replacements when playing.
I will have a patch out over the weekend. For now, just set sd_rep_wolfensteinss_chance=0 in your sdcustom.ini. That will fix it.

Last edited by BilboHicks on 10-16-10 at 05:27

Old Post 10-16-10 03:51 #
BilboHicks is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sector666
Junior Member


Posts: 124
Registered: 03-08


I had made some custom ini's but I hadn't actually played back any demos recorded with them until recently. When I play demos I'm used to selecting the wad and the demo and dragging them over the exe, so without even thinking about it I selected the wad, the demo, and the custom ini and dragged them over the exe. Of course, I quickly saw a desync because scoredoom used sdcustom.ini and not the ini I dragged over the exe.

I don't like asking because you're not doing proper development anymore, but is there any chance you might make it so scoredoom will automatically use an ini that's dragged over the exe, and assume it's supposed to replace sdcustom.ini?

Old Post 10-16-10 09:58 #
sector666 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BilboHicks
Member


Posts: 531
Registered: 11-07



sector666 said:
I had made some custom ini's but I hadn't actually played back any demos recorded with them until recently. When I play demos I'm used to selecting the wad and the demo and dragging them over the exe, so without even thinking about it I selected the wad, the demo, and the custom ini and dragged them over the exe. Of course, I quickly saw a desync because scoredoom used sdcustom.ini and not the ini I dragged over the exe.

I don't like asking because you're not doing proper development anymore, but is there any chance you might make it so scoredoom will automatically use an ini that's dragged over the exe, and assume it's supposed to replace sdcustom.ini?



I'll take a look into this weekend when I'm working on the patch. This may actually be a quick one too ;-)

Old Post 10-16-10 15:36 #
BilboHicks is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nems
I don't know how to use the [img] tag


Posts: 269
Registered: 07-05



BilboHicks said:


Hey, thanks for the detailed report, this will help me reproduce what is going on, and get a fix in. I will look into this over the weekend. Sounds like something going on with the creation of the zdoom-user.ini vs sdcustom.ini (obviously).

Yes, sdcustom.ini is meant to override whatever is in zdoom-user.ini

EDIT: Thanks for the providing the ini files as well, these will help.

EDIT 2: Haha, this was an obscure one. I didn't catch it before since I never really set wolfenstein SS replacements when playing.
I will have a patch out over the weekend. For now, just set sd_rep_wolfensteinss_chance=0 in your sdcustom.ini. That will fix it.



No problem, man. Glad I was able to help and make the bug hunt easier for ya. (: And will do. Set it to 0 and all's great. Looking forward to the patch. :D

Keep up the great work. (:

Old Post 10-16-10 22:05 #
Nems is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BilboHicks
Member


Posts: 531
Registered: 11-07


Ok, I uploaded the patch release (2.9c), so you can use replacements for Wolfenstein SS again now. I also implemented Sector666's request.

Release notes:

*Fixes a bug with the add-on pack's BigBackPack and certain sdcustom.ini configurations
that can lead to crashes.
*2.9c also adds the ability to drag'n drop (sdcustom).ini files onto the gzscoredoom.exe for easier
playing with various different custom monster configurations (& wads, pk3s & zips).

http://www.scoredoom.com

Old Post 10-16-10 22:34 #
BilboHicks is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gun_psycho
Member


Posts: 629
Registered: 03-07


My enemy strategy guide's up for those of you who are interested. (Thanks to Bilbo for putting it up, of course)

http://www.scoredoom.com/SDBestiary.html

Old Post 10-19-10 04:21 #
gun_psycho is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gun_psycho
Member


Posts: 629
Registered: 03-07


By the way, my idea for one final powerup for the add-on pack would be the ammo sphere that would give you infinite ammo for 30 seconds. It would be very useful for those levels that are really tight on ammo, though not so necessary on levels that don't have lots of monsters to fight. (That kind of powerup should be rare, though)

Old Post 10-25-10 14:30 #
gun_psycho is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BilboHicks
Member


Posts: 531
Registered: 11-07



gun_psycho said:
By the way, my idea for one final powerup for the add-on pack would be the ammo sphere that would give you infinite ammo for 30 seconds. It would be very useful for those levels that are really tight on ammo, though not so necessary on levels that don't have lots of monsters to fight. (That kind of powerup should be rare, though)


I've played through 3 megawads over the last week to test everything, including Scythe for the first time. I wont rule out a powerup like this, but I think the new slightly extra power-up drop rate introduced definitely helps (more quad damage etc.., less ammo used). What levels were you specifically talking about? The other thing of course, is that the said powerup may not ever spawn on the level, since powerups are random.

There is a problem with the Chesire Caco replacement crashing the game, so there will be an updated 2.9 add-on pack at least. Also found some other minor things too.

On a side note, how the hell are you supposed to finish Map 28 in Scythe??? I ended up having to hone my straferunning as well as make 2 rocket jumps to finally beat it. One by the blue key, another by the ledge where the zombie spawn-gibs in as a marker. There is a youtube video of someone do it the long way, after like 200 tries.

Old Post 10-25-10 16:09 #
BilboHicks is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gun_psycho
Member


Posts: 629
Registered: 03-07


Not particularly any level, but the megawads where you have only the standard default ammo counts (as a result of the internal .deh files), such as having 50 shells maximum, is a real pain in the ass, especially ones that make Hell Revealed look easy. (which may or may not be really saying much.)

Edit: Speaking of Scythe Map28, I simply ran at full speed, and made as mad of a dash as possible for the switch that lets me exit the first room. After that, I mainly used the jump thing to get through that damned level as quickly as possible. (In that level, I was pretty much like "Screw the 100% bonuses, I'm just getting out of here." the whole time.)

Old Post 10-25-10 17:37 #
gun_psycho is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BilboHicks
Member


Posts: 531
Registered: 11-07



gun_psycho said:
Not particularly any level, but the megawads where you have only the standard default ammo counts (as a result of the internal .deh files), such as having 50 shells maximum, is a real pain in the ass, especially ones that make Hell Revealed look easy. (which may or may not be really saying much.)



Gotya. Could you give me an example megawad (actually I've not played a lot of them yet properly)


gun_psycho said:
Edit: Speaking of Scythe Map28, I simply ran at full speed, and made as mad of a dash as possible for the switch that lets me exit the first room. After that, I mainly used the jump thing to get through that damned level as quickly as possible. (In that level, I was pretty much like "Screw the 100% bonuses, I'm just getting out of here." the whole time.)



I'm intrigued. What do you mean by 'jump thing'? Rocket jumping? I definitely felt a sense of achievement completing it full stop, even though I saved twice.

Old Post 10-25-10 18:27 #
BilboHicks is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gun_psycho
Member


Posts: 629
Registered: 03-07


One example of such megawads is Plutonia 2, where I tend to run out of shells more often than not. (Since there's the internal .deh file that changes the level names (or something like that), it gets annoying fast)

Also for Scythe 1's map28, I meant by using the regular jump, but you have to be running at top speed and you have to time your jump exactly to reach the key without missing once. (You're pretty much screwed if you mess up)

Old Post 10-25-10 23:17 #
gun_psycho is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BilboHicks
Member


Posts: 531
Registered: 11-07


my crappy host got hacked...
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...n&ct=clnk&gl=us

so no online hi scoring until they get back.

Old Post 10-29-10 20:43 #
BilboHicks is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gun_psycho
Member


Posts: 629
Registered: 03-07


The host's been hacked? Great...

I'm rather busy on my end anyway, but still, hackers don't deserve any mercy.

Old Post 10-29-10 21:39 #
gun_psycho is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sector666
Junior Member


Posts: 124
Registered: 03-08


That is much nicer being able to drag the ini :)

I haven't had that much time to play this lately, but since there'll be an addon pack update sometime after the host is un-hacked I'll mention something.

There's one thing I've found I'm not a fan of, and that's the proximity bomb on daisy. It makes having Random Custom Monsters on less playable. If you have Random Custom Monsters on, and you happen to round a corner where daisy is right behind the corner, well that's a sudden game over.

I think it would be better if there was at least a warning countdown before the proximity bomb is active, rather than having it active instantly.



BilboHicks said:

gun_psycho said:
By the way, my idea for one final powerup for the add-on pack would be the ammo sphere that would give you infinite ammo for 30 seconds. It would be very useful for those levels that are really tight on ammo, though not so necessary on levels that don't have lots of monsters to fight. (That kind of powerup should be rare, though)
I've played through 3 megawads over the last week to test everything, including Scythe for the first time. I wont rule out a powerup like this, but I think the new slightly extra power-up drop rate introduced definitely helps (more quad damage etc.., less ammo used).

This made me think that having a powerup where shots go through all enemies for a while could be cool and especially good for slaughter maps. I don't know if there's any powerup like that's already been made though.

Old Post 10-31-10 19:51 #
sector666 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BilboHicks
Member


Posts: 531
Registered: 11-07


I'm not very confident about my current host getting back on its feet with all my data intact. You pay peanuts and get monkeys sometimes.

So I will be changing hosts. I have all my php/html files backed up, and a I have an older backup of the database I can work with, but unfortunately all the latest hi scores may be gone, if I don't hear back from the host. I'll be running regular backups from here on out. Not sure when I will be back up with online hi scoring and an update, since I'm busy too.

@sector666: I agree that the point bunny exploding is a nuisance. I will be removing that, and adding something cooler to it.

@gun_psycho: I will look into adding an ammo-regen artifact. It may not be too bad. I think it would also be cool to have unlimited nuke missiles for 20 secs or so. :-)

Old Post 11-01-10 22:34 #
BilboHicks is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
evouga
Warming Up


Posts: 21
Registered: 05-07


So all recent scores are lost? That's a real shame... I've been playing through Speed of Doom recently. Not sure I'll have the motivation to start again.

Old Post 11-02-10 05:47 #
evouga is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BilboHicks
Member


Posts: 531
Registered: 11-07



evouga said:
So all recent scores are lost? That's a real shame...


It is. The host is not back up, but I will contact them this week to try and get whatever I can from them. I'm crossing my fingers.

UPDATE: Heard back from the webmaster:

"The data is still there. I am rebuilding sites today and I will have it up later this week. The hacker got 8 of our 20 servers. 007sites is being rebuilt right now and 007gb will be started shortly after. The security holes were plugged. Normally we would restore a backup from last month...but this hacker had his hack in place over 45 days ago and patiently waited to destroy the servers.

We believe this to be a corporate sponsored hack from our competition who is trying to take down all Layered Panel free hosting sites to promote his own."

So it may be that anything within the last 2 months may be gone. We will see.

Last edited by BilboHicks on 11-02-10 at 18:55

Old Post 11-02-10 16:18 #
BilboHicks is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gun_psycho
Member


Posts: 629
Registered: 03-07


If I have to play through the two Hell Revealed megawads again, at least I will have those better powerup spawn rate to help me out in those later levels... though Scythe and Scythe 2 will still probably be a different story. (Good grief those evil marines and afrits (The ones with the mancubus fireball/revenant rocket barrage attack) are major pains in the ass compared to most of the enemies)

Edit: If there are new enemies added to the add-on pack when the online high score function's restored, I'll definitely look out for those when I inevitably replay those super-tough megawads.

Last edited by gun_psycho on 11-06-10 at 20:37

Old Post 11-04-10 17:29 #
gun_psycho is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sector666
Junior Member


Posts: 124
Registered: 03-08


I had a random crash one time going from e1m1 to e1m2 (with the addon pack). I didn't bother uploading the crash report because it sounds like you've got any crashes figured out, but if you wanted it could put it up somewhere.

And I noticed for some reason setting boss rush to false in a custom ini doesn't seem to actually turn boss rush off.

Old Post 11-08-10 15:34 #
sector666 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BilboHicks
Member


Posts: 531
Registered: 11-07



sector666 said:
I had a random crash one time going from e1m1 to e1m2 (with the addon pack). I didn't bother uploading the crash report because it sounds like you've got any crashes figured out, but if you wanted it could put it up somewhere.

And I noticed for some reason setting boss rush to false in a custom ini doesn't seem to actually turn boss rush off.



Yes please PM me the crash report and the ini file you were using. Were you using your own custom monsters? Let me know if you encounter any more crashes.

Hmmn, I will take a look at the bossrush problem.

---

Over the weekend I fixed the add-on pack problems and added an ammo-regen artifact for sd & sdst. SD now also has a high-jump artifact. Points bunny is better now. Still waiting for my host to get the server up.

Old Post 11-08-10 18:27 #
BilboHicks is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sector666
Junior Member


Posts: 124
Registered: 03-08


The crash stuff is here. I was basically using the default ini except with boss rush turned off, but I included the ini I was using anyway.

There was another crash I'd had which I'd forgotten about. It was one of those crashes that doesn't ask you to save a crash report. I saved the details it gave to a .txt (included). I was either using the default ini at the time, or an ini that's identical except for having random custom monsters on.

Old Post 11-09-10 20:45 #
sector666 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BilboHicks
Member


Posts: 531
Registered: 11-07



sector666 said:
The crash stuff is here. I was basically using the default ini except with boss rush turned off, but I included the ini I was using anyway.

There was another crash I'd had which I'd forgotten about. It was one of those crashes that doesn't ask you to save a crash report. I saved the details it gave to a .txt (included). I was either using the default ini at the time, or an ini that's identical except for having random custom monsters on.



come to think of it, at least one of these crashes was probably due the the Chesire caco/pain elemental replacement in the add-on pack. thanks for the info.

Old Post 11-09-10 23:32 #
BilboHicks is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BilboHicks
Member


Posts: 531
Registered: 11-07


Ok, the host has the server back up. Online hi scoring is back up.
I'm pleased to say that all the latest data & hi scores are there too! So no hi scores are lost.
Hopefully later this weekend, I will have the updates to SD & SDST uploaded as well.

Old Post 11-12-10 21:12 #
BilboHicks is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gun_psycho
Member


Posts: 629
Registered: 03-07


Well, that's good to hear.

By the way, I'll send an updated version of my beastiary sometime.

Old Post 11-13-10 10:05 #
gun_psycho is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
evouga
Warming Up


Posts: 21
Registered: 05-07


Well, it was working yesterday. But it's down again today?

Old Post 11-15-10 07:17 #
evouga is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BilboHicks
Member


Posts: 531
Registered: 11-07



evouga said:
Well, it was working yesterday. But it's down again today?


Yes, they are back down. I've just emailed them to find out whats going on. When they are back up, I will login and back up everything and plan to move to another host.

EDIT- Got a reply back:
"Yes...the bastard found another way to hack the sites. Took down 007sites
yesterday so I took down all of them before he could get to them. I am
patching them and will have them back up later today."

EDIT2:- They are back up again. Lets hope they will stay up now!

Last edited by BilboHicks on 11-15-10 at 20:56

Old Post 11-15-10 15:24 #
BilboHicks is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gun_psycho
Member


Posts: 629
Registered: 03-07


I'll be a bit too busy to play again today, though I'll still be looking forward to those new powerups.

Oh, and is there a way to cut down memory usage ingame? (I kind of feel such is why the game tends to slow down in those supermassive levels)

Old Post 11-16-10 00:04 #
gun_psycho is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BilboHicks
Member


Posts: 531
Registered: 11-07



gun_psycho said:
I'll be a bit too busy to play again today, though I'll still be looking forward to those new powerups.

Oh, and is there a way to cut down memory usage ingame? (I kind of feel such is why the game tends to slow down in those supermassive levels)



Hmmn, cutting down/optimizing memory usage is going to be a lot of work, if indeed it is possible realistically. Memory usage is going to increase a lot with the add-on pack simply due to the large amount of extra content, so many more more classes.
Some slowdowns with massive levels (take for instance Sunder.wad) are due to how the rendering of the level itself happens.
Saying that, perhaps some of my code in hindsight might be 'optimizable'. Though even if I tweak some of the code, levels like Speed of Doom Map 30 will still be unplayable with the add-on pack.

Old Post 11-16-10 16:37 #
BilboHicks is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cyanosis
Forum Regular


Posts: 729
Registered: 10-10


Well, sad to say this release of ScoreDoom seems to have some unusual, game crippling errors.

The add-on pack is especially bad now unlike in the past, it bombed out on me twice on Underhalls for no real reason, I think it didn't like one of the enemy types that got spawned but I'm not sure.

I was also then playing up until The Crusher without the pack when I fired the rocket launcher and the game bombed out with this:

http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/...nknownerror.png

It's also the same kind of "error" for the add-on pack.

EDIT: Kind of reminds me back in the day when the brand new 2.0 series of ZDoom branch came about and people were still using stuff like "63 cab" and they were extremely crash happy, at least for me, with similar errors like that.

BLAH, I should of provided a download to my .ini(s) http://www.mediafire.com/?p0hmazenadafvwm

Last edited by Cyanosis on 11-23-10 at 08:57

Old Post 11-23-10 08:47 #
Cyanosis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:47. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 » ... Last »  
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Source Ports > ScoreDoom 2.9 Full Release (updated to 2.9g)

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are OFF
[IMG] code is ON
 

< Contact Us - Doomworld >

Powered by: vBulletin Version 2.2.5
Copyright ©2000, 2001, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.