Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kyka

Setting # of simultaneous sounds in ZDoom.

Yeah , just wanted to know how you manually set the number of sounds that are able to play simultaneously in ZDoom.? I can't find a console command that does it on the ZDoom wiki, and there doesn't seem to be an option in the menus of ZDoom itself, but I am pretty sure it is possible. So how does one do this?

Thanks people. :)

snd_channels

It's in the menu as of 2.4.0, btw.

Make sure that the value is not too low. The sound engine tends to get glitchy if there's a lot more sounds than channels and will audibly skip some. Recommended minimum is 32 but if your system can handle it you should up it to at least 128.

Graf Zahl said:

snd_channels

It's in the menu as of 2.4.0, btw.

Very cool. I haven't got the newest version yet. But I will soon.

Make sure that the value is not too low. The sound engine tends to get glitchy if there's a lot more sounds than channels and will audibly skip some. Recommended minimum is 32 but if your system can handle it you should up it to at least 128.

Thanks Graf. :) Yeah actually I needed to know so I can tell people to set it higher when they play my little project. There are times that it seems to make the sounds lag quite noticeably. (Both myself and playtesters have mentioned this,) so I thought increasing the channels might help.