Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kristus

HexenP modfication possibilities.

kristus said:

Ok. But what about speed and damage though?

To change the damage and speed of the missile, you would change the wand missiles mobj definition.

All you stated you wanted to change was the range of the wand, which the state I posted will be sufficent for (it will replace the original state of the same name when loaded with Dday).

That is true. But since the effect ended up being made using speed and damage as well, I want it equal on all ports.

Simply place this in a DD_DEFNS lump (or in Data/JHexen/Auto in a pk3) with whatever modifcations you wish to make (i.e damage, speed etc), along with the already posted state.

Bare in mind a lower speed will cause the missile to be able do more ripper damage.

The ripper ability causes a missile to do damage every tic it is inside a bad guy. The slower the missile is, the longer it may remain inside a bad guy.

Thing {
  ID = "MWAND_MISSILE";
  DoomEd number = -1;
  Spawn state = "MWAND_MISSILE1";
  See state = "NULL";
  Pain state = "NULL";
  Melee state = "NULL";
  Missile state = "NULL";
  Crash state = "NULL";
  Death state = "MWANDPUFF1";
  Xdeath state = "NULL";
  See sound = "NONE";
  Attack sound = "NONE";
  Pain sound = "NONE";
  Death sound = "NONE";
  Active sound = "NONE";
  Reaction time = 8;
  Spawn health = 1000;
  Speed = 184;
  Radius = 12;
  Height = 8;
  Mass = 100;
  Damage = 2;
  Flags = "mf_noblockmap mf_missile mf_brightexplode mf_dropoff mf_nogravity";
  Flags2 = "mf2_noteleport mf2_rip mf2_impact mf2_pcross mf2_nodmgthrust mf2_cannotpush";
}

Probably there is a sense to remove mf2_rip flag (000C5C01: 21 20) and to increase damage.

Vermil said:

Bare in mind a lower speed will cause the missile to be able do more ripper damage.

Yeah, that's why it's been lowered, the damage that is. :)

entryway said:

Probably there is a sense to remove mf2_rip flag (000C5C01: 21 20) and to increase damage.

No, I want to keep the ripping effect. It makes the weapon more interesting since positioning plays a larger part in it's usage then.

EDIT: According to my Doomsday tester (khorus) it works in 1.8.6 but not showing any signs of change in beta 6.9.

kristus said:

Gez: Could you do me the favor of whipping together the decorate counterpart for this? Or maybe I can just check out Zdoom's resources and I might be able to figure it out myself.

EDIT: Would this be correct?
EDIT: It seems to be working.

I'd advise you to use this instead:

ACTOR CursedMageWandMissile : MageWandMissile replaces MageWandMissile
{
	Speed  92
	Damage 1
	States
	{
	Spawn:
		MWND CD 2 Bright
		Stop
	Death:
		MWND E 4 Bright Light("MWAND_X1")
		MWND F 3 Bright Light("MWAND_X2")
		MWND G 4 Bright Light("MWAND_X3")
		MWND H 3 Bright Light("MWAND_X4")
		MWND I 4 Bright
		Stop
	}
}
Why? Because ZDoom unfortunately does not offer a way to change a predefined actor (other than its DEHACKED support). If you redefine an actor like you did, this actually creates two actors with the same name, which is a source of potential instability, especially when loading saves. So it's better practice to define a different actor which inherits and replaces the first.

kristus said:

EDIT: According to my Doomsday tester (khorus) it works in 1.8.6 but not showing any signs of change in beta 6.9.

It's a bug in Dday 1.9 beta6.9 that it can't read DD_DENFS lumps properly. It's been fixed for beta 6.10 due out at the weekend.