Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Coraline

3DGE (EDGE fork)

I want to mention that I have started (with a few other contributors) a fork of EDGE called hyper3DGE, or just 3DGE. We have opened a project site at SF (http://edge2.sourceforge.net) and released the first binary of the fork today, which has a few minor additions ported from an abandoned branch of Edge into 1.35. It's nothing too major, but I thought I'd list it here anyway.

The next version has already started work, which we chose to begin at 1.32 instead. A few major things we have already finished are rudimentary decals and cinematic support. I don't want to spam this thread up, so I created an announcement thread at the EDGE forums with more in-depth details.

I'm curious about why you chose to use 1.32 as the base for the fork.

This source port's based on hypertension, which started major work during the 1.32.

Least thats what I get

If the icon's the hypertension icon instead of the edge icon, essentially thats gonna be the hypertension engine

Gez said:

I'm curious about why you chose to use 1.32 as the base for the fork.

MD3 support, mostly. Admittedly I was having trouble getting these few things ported to 1.35 so we figured we would start from 1.32 where this was already working.

Another (very) small update, I released 1.36.3a, which includes a new DDF function (scream_sound in THINGS for falling long distances, from Hexen), and a fix for the ability to customize menu and console graphics in styles.ddf. I was working on some stuff left over from Andy, but it's not included yet. Big features are still not finished, should be in the next package. Also, I forgot to release the source - it's on SF now.

Want to give a special thank-you mention to Maes and Andy for helping me out with grasping the technicals, and to Wesley for the Legacy feature porting. I am looking for a part time helper/coder as well (...more like someone to reference if I run into trouble, which happens often).

Enjoy! Bugs go here.