Demon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Source Ports > Starting out with Skulltag Multiplayer

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 15:36. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Steve1664
Green Marine

I've decided add Skulltag to my list of source ports alongside GZDoom, mostly for the multiplayer component (I admit I've never played a game of Doom Deathmatch in my life :/). Before I do some serious mucking about though, I just wanted a general survey of what the Doomworld Forums thinks: What are some of the more popular WADS/Mods/addons that somebody using Skulltag for the first time should look into?

Old Post 12-21-11 19:59 #
Steve1664 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
HavoX

Well, since you want to play Multiplayer, I'd suggest Stronghold. No deathmatch unfortunately, but there's multiplayer coop.

Old Post 12-21-11 20:09 #
HavoX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Marcaek

Just stick to Skulltag Stock DM and the various co-op servers for a bit, you'll get the hang of it. Once you do, there's plenty of good DM packs and mods, your server browser should download necessary WADs when you try to join servers.

Old Post 12-21-11 22:50 #
Marcaek is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DuckReconMajor
Forum Legend

I suggest downloading ZDaemon and Odamex as well, using Doomseeker with all of them, and then ordering the servers by number of players. Then read down the list until you see one that looks interesting.

Old Post 12-21-11 23:25 #
DuckReconMajor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote