Baron of Hell
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Source Ports > Chocolate doom compile error (undefined reference errors)

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:54. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
fiend-o-hell

I've been meaning to get into source port editing for quite a while now, so I thought chocolate doom would be as good a port as any to start with. I'm still pretty new at this, so please be patient with my questions.

So here is the problem:
I got stuck somewhere compiling chocolate doom with code::blocks and MinGW in XP. I followed the setup directions from here to the letter. I'm compiling out of main.workspace.

Here is my build log:

code:
D:/DOOM/ports/chocolate doom/SVN Source/textscreen/txt_gui.c:347: undefined reference to `TXT_DecodeUTF8' D:/DOOM/ports/chocolate doom/SVN Source/textscreen/txt_gui.c:364: undefined reference to `TXT_UTF8_Strlen' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 10 seconds) 4 errors, 46 warnings

I'm not sure why these undefined reference errors are cropping up...

Last edited by fiend-o-hell on 06-15-12 at 05:50

Old Post 06-15-12 01:38 #
fiend-o-hell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Randy87

Add txt_utf8.c to libtextscreen's sources and txt_utf8.h to libtextscreen's headers.

Old Post 06-15-12 02:18 #
Randy87 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fiend-o-hell

Which libtextscreen source/header files? I checked txt_gui.c and its including txt_utf8.h.

I looked around the work space without having any luck finding txt_utf8.h. Is it supposed to be part of chocolate doom or is it part of an external lib?

Old Post 06-15-12 05:46 #
fiend-o-hell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Randy87

In the project files on the left, open the libtextscreen tree.
Open the following two trees.
Under Sources, right click on textscreen and click Add files.
Select and open the txt_utf8.c file from the /textscreen directory.
Under Headers, right click on textscreen and click Add files.
Select and open the txt_utf8.h file from the /textscreen directory.
Bam.

Old Post 06-15-12 06:36 #
Randy87 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

I don't use or maintain code::blocks project files; Russell Rice does. Looks like they're out of date. Randy87's suggestions should probably fix the issue.

Old Post 06-15-12 10:34 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fiend-o-hell

Managed to clear up the errors following Randy87's instructions. The only other error that cropped up required me to delete the .in extension from setup-manifest.xml file. Does that mess anything up?

I compiled and ran the build fine afterwards.

Old Post 06-15-12 23:05 #