Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sazza

Skulltag Hosting

Hey, is it actually possible for me to host a server on Skulltag after its ceased development? I've been trying to host a server using the latest version of Brutal Doom for me to co-op on with some friends, but to no such luck. I have tried port forwarding, and disabling my fire wall, but the furthest I've gotten is the server (with my Ip address) showing up as <NO RESPONSE> in Doomseeker. So, is it possible to host a Skulltag server? If it is, can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks in advance :)

Just some notes: I'm using Brutal Doom Version v0.16b and Skulltag version v0.98d. I have also been using the port 15300, as i believe it is the master port, if any of this extra information helps :P

You should try Zandronum. It's Skulltag in all but name (it's the same code and by the same developers).

I tried out the latest build of Zandronum, but I'm getting the same server issues as before, but i noticed that it's showing a different external Ip address as before, would this effect it in any way?
Also, the Skulltag version of Brutal doom wouldn't load using Zandronum, should I use an earlier build, or wait for a stable release (of Zandronum)?

You need to explicitly load skulltag_data.pk3 in addition to Brutal Doom.

For now you can also keep using Skulltag, but use the new master server URL since the one hosted by skulltag.com no longer exists.

Ok, I tried Brutal Doom in Zandronum with skulltag_data.pk3 but it didn't work. I tried with skulltag_actors.pk3, and that does work, so there's that.
But my server problem still persists, after using the new master server URL (the Zandronum one) on both Skulltag and Zandronum, so is there anything I can do to fix this? Is there any information I could include to help you help me with my problem?

sazza said:

the furthest I've gotten is the server (with my Ip address) showing up as <NO RESPONSE> in Doomseeker.

What are you using as an IP address? If it starts with 10.0, 172.16 or 192.168 I'd expect problems since they're reserved for local networks.

I've been using the IP address 192.168.1.2 for port forwarding, but when in Doomseeker, the server with <NO RESPONSE> is showing up as the IP address that What is My IP Address tells me I have.

Thanks all, turns out my problem was that my antivirus' firewall was still on, and I disabled it, and now the server works fine. Thanks for all your help though :D

EDIT: It stopped working again, so I looked around, and found another thing I tried when it worked, which I disabled: Port Triggering. Turns out that needs to be done as well. Just though I'd add this for anyone who is having the same problem as me.