Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Source Ports > Prboom+ is being weird [problem solved]

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:05. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Processingcontrol

A few weeks ago my laptop got repaired for a minor hardware problem (I had to jiggle the charger around for a while before it actually started to recharge). When I got it back the old hard drive was kept, and the only possible software related difference that I noticed at first was that whenever I charged my laptop the screen would get brighter. However, when I tried to play a wad on Prboom+ I noticed that the game felt very different than before. Essentially it's much laggier and the game will briefly speed up once in a while. In comparison, Zdoom seems exactly the same as it was before.

Does anyone have an idea of what the problem is and how to fix it?

Old Post 09-17-12 05:42 #
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Foxpup

If your screen brightness changes depending on the battery charge level or whether the charger's plugged in, and it didn't before, your power-saving settings have obviously been messed with, so you've probably now got CPU throttling enabled (explaining the PrBoom+ slowdowns). Go into your power-saving settings (location varies depending on your OS) and set your CPU settings to "Max Performance" or whatever the appropriate option is for your OS.

Old Post 09-17-12 06:16 #
Foxpup is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Processingcontrol

Thanks, that seemed to do the trick.

Old Post 09-17-12 20:40 #
Processingcontrol is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote