Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Springy

PrBoom troubles.

I have had some troubles fairly recently with PrBoom (I have only ever used it to play Doom and mapsets I have only viewed people's youtube videos for demo watching in the past), for some reason turning the mouse does not turn the player. The mouse settings are set back to default and mouse is on etc all that happens when I turn the mouse is that doomguy just moves forward and backward, anyway to get this back? Grazza did try and help but I didn't exactly explain the situation well.

Also, I am having some troubles with recording demo's with both standard and plus. I seem to just get errors via the CLI I have checked the path and the command for that is input correctly (Users:David PrBoom 2.5.1.3 win32 etc), this is what I am typing in: prboom-plus-2.5.1.3-win32\prboom-plus-2.5.1.3 -iwad doom2.wad -skill 4 -complevel 9 -file Lunatic.wad -record lu01-uvs It outputs a "invalid batch file" error.

I've also tried without dashes as well, along with different orders of the words (after the folder names). I think I am missing something here like a step I should do before and I am not to sure what. I have used a CLI before for networking and have used DOS a couple of times. Would anyone be able to help me please? I was rather satisfied when I tried to do a UV speed on the first map and would like to record a run like that with a similar time on a mapset by one of my favourite authours but I am finding this quite confusing. Thank you.

Is the mouse horizontal sensitivity set to 0? If then, you won't turn with it. Also, if you don't want to move forward/backward with the mouse, set the vertical sensitivity to 0.

I don't know about the command line since I don't usually record demos.

Tosi said:

Is the mouse horizontal sensitivity set to 0? If then, you won't turn with it. Also, if you don't want to move forward/backward with the mouse, set the vertical sensitivity to 0.

I don't know about the command line since I don't usually record demos.

Horizontal isn't set at 0 and yes I tried the vertical to 0 but didn't work, thank you for offering the advice though and not to worry.