Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Source Ports > ZDoom short barrels?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:39. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

So, in an attempt to start playing Doom PROPERLY, without a crosshair and freelook, I remember one of the issues I had before modernising my playing style.

It seems that (in ZDoom 2.6.1 and recent versions at least) without freelook, it is not possible to shoot barrels that are on the same floor height as the player. The hitscan will pass over the barrel completely.

An example, in E1M2.

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/5339/screenshotdoom201302212.th.png

Are there any ways of fixing this?
Cheers in advance.

Old Post 02-21-13 21:03 #
Eris Falling is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
CorSair
Forum Regular

Autoaim not enabled in player setup, perchance?

.:edit:.
You don't have the autoaim enabled. Player Setup -> Autoaim always

Last edited by CorSair on 02-21-13 at 21:45

Old Post 02-21-13 21:38 #
CorSair is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Orangestar
Green Marine

I thought Autoaim got those. Let me start up ZDoom and try again, and if not... try using Prboom+ if you're going for a "proper" Doom experience without the limitations that Chocolate Doom or Doom95 retains

Old Post 02-21-13 21:39 #
Orangestar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
schwerpunk

Change sv_smartaim to 0. ;)

Last edited by schwerpunk on 02-22-13 at 14:27

Old Post 02-21-13 23:11 #
schwerpunk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

schwerpunk said:
Change sv_smartaim to 0. ;)

Yes! Thank you!

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9346/erisawards.png

Old Post 02-22-13 09:11 #
Eris Falling is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
schwerpunk

Is that Mars & Phobos...?

Anyway, thanks. I shall display it proudly for at least one week.

Old Post 02-22-13 14:29 #
schwerpunk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
boris
meow

schwerpunk said:

Maybe it's... Eris?

Old Post 02-22-13 14:41 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

schwerpunk said:

Anyway, thanks. I shall display it proudly for at least one week.

Hahaha, loving the new signature :P And yes, it is Eris and Dysnomia.

Old Post 02-22-13 19:57 #
Vermil

Why did ZDoom change the height of the barrels to such a height, 34, in the first place, when coming up with 'real heights' for decoration mobjs?*

Why not something that can be hit by a player on the same level without autoaim or freelook? Namely 44+ (by default any attack originates from the centre of the mobj plus 16 and given the player is 56 high, his attacks emerge at 44 high.

In Doomsday for instance, the height was/is set at 56, the same height as the player.

*In Vanilla Doom, all décor mobjs have a height of 16, but the player is prevented from crossing the solid ones due to the Vanilla limitation that mobjs can't pass over/under each other.

Last edited by Vermil on 02-22-13 at 21:18

Old Post 02-22-13 21:09 #
Vermil is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

SV_SMARTAIM was 3 or 'Only monsters'
Since barrels are not monsters, the smart autoaim will avoid barrels.

Old Post 02-22-13 21:14 #
Graf Zahl
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Ooops.

That was a typo when the barrel was converted to DECORATE 7 years ago. Weird that nobody ever notived in all that time... :?

Old Post 02-22-13 21:16 #
Graf Zahl is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote