Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

midi issues with risen3d

Bassmidi doesn't seem to work for me at all (silent) though this is only on the one system.

Timidity works, but once the midi starts from the start again, one instrument kind of gets "stuck" and keeps playing (imagine holding a key on a synthesizer down, that kind of sound)

Coolsoft virtual midi spits out "error 37 while opening midi stream" when trying to switch to that.

All these midi devices work just fine with zdoom, the only devices I can get working with risen3d are ms wavetable and the synth for my sound blaster audigy (which means I have to use my speakers and not the tv speakers, as with any other midi device)

invictius said:

the only devices I can get working with risen3d are ms wavetable and the synth for my sound blaster audigy (which means I have to use my speakers and not the tv speakers, as with any other midi device)

I also have a sound blaster audigy (value). I have only ever used my pc speakers, without any problems with Risen3D. Can't "speak" for TV speakers though.

Have you downloaded the latest version of Risen3D ? Try either the -useFMODs or -FMODmidi on the command line.

hawkwind said:

I also have a sound blaster audigy (value). I have only ever used my pc speakers, without any problems with Risen3D. Can't "speak" for TV speakers though.

Have you downloaded the latest version of Risen3D ? Try either the -useFMODs or -FMODmidi on the command line.

TV speakers just show up as another audio device, I can't imagine it being the problem.

The latest version of Risen3d kills my sound altogether. Should those command line arguments work with the previous version? I've tried them without any luck - at least, I can't tell that anything different is happening, e.g FMOD isn't a selectable midi device under sounds.