Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Holering

Playstation Final Doom PAL european resolution?

Does anyone know the playstation Final Doom PAL resolution? Wondering if it had black borders or utilized the full PAL resolution. If it uses the full resolution I'm guessing it'd be 320x256 or 256x256 (higher than NTSC) but I'm not sure... Could someone provide insight with technical specs?

Not sure about the exact resolution, but both PAL PSX Doom and Final Doom had the black borders.

I don't have the PAL version to check, but lazier devs would box/border games, and framerate is already at a premium in PSX Final Doom so I doubt they'd want to increase the resolution any even if they were willing to.

If anyone here does have a copy and wants to check it out, load it up in pSX Emulator and take a screenshot with F3. pSX saves its shots at the res the game is actually rendering at, rather than what the console's outputting. Grab shots in the menus and gameplay, because sometimes they utilize different resolutions for those.

DoomUK said:

Not sure about the exact resolution, but both PAL PSX Doom and Final Doom had the black borders.

Thats because PAL have more lines than NTSC (625 vs. 525). The game could be sluggish, if running in full res on a PAL console.