Doom monster
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Source Ports > bots in zandronum, odamex, zdaemon

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:51. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
invictius
Forum Regular

Are they any more advanced than the ones in skulltag? Just wondering since afaik skulltag stopped development in 2010, and they're ports based on zdoom.

Old Post 11-24-13 02:19 #
invictius is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Vulture

None of the bots in the doom source ports are very great, but I would say zandronum probably does have the "smartest" ones. Odamex does not have bots at all.

Old Post 11-24-13 04:58 #
Vulture is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Average

At the risk of hijacking, where do you find bots and how do you 'run' them in a source port? I'd like to play some DM with them but I've only played single player since the ZDaemon heydays and I'm totally out of touch with these things...

Old Post 11-24-13 07:27 #
Average is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Vulture

The easiest way to add them in ZDaemon is through zlauncher in single player mode. In Zandronum you load whatever settings you want and then enter "addbot" into the console.

Old Post 11-24-13 16:41 #
Vulture is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Joe667

Average said:
...Where do you find bots and how do you 'run' them in a source port? I'd like to play some DM with them but I've only played single player since the ZDaemon heydays and I'm totally out of touch with these things...

To play a Deathmatch with bots in SkullTag or Zandronum, you have to select Multiplayer > Offline Skirmish, choose the map you want (skulltag_data.pk3 includes some of its own), the modifiers (if you want one, Buckshot gives everyone a Super shotgun, Instagib gives everyone a Railgun) and the number of wins required for each game setting.

then, you choose the bot settings. The difficulty is self-explanatory, but the actual bot difficulty is the bottom one.
Then, if you actually wanna play with bots, you've gotta go into bot settings to configure which of Skulltag's bots you're going to play with (They have varying difficulty, with Chubbs being the weakest. Download some of Skulltag's official skins and they'll appear as bots in Bot Setup).

Finally, select "Start game!" and frag 'em all!

Last edited by Joe667 on 02-23-14 at 17:46

Old Post 11-26-13 19:08 #
Joe667 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Joe667

Vulture said:
I would say zandronum probably does have the "smartest" ones.

Zandronum's bots are the same as Skulltag's.

Old Post 11-27-13 07:23 #
Joe667 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Average

Thanks for the pointers. :)

Old Post 11-27-13 07:51 #
Average is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote