Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Source Ports > PRBoom+ all of a sudden slow...

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:29. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
madpanic

I am running Win7 64 bit, and PRBoom+ used to run fine. Now, all of a sudden, it runs at about half speed. No crashes or glitches, just everything is slow. Playing back demos is slow as well though they never go out of sync.

I haven't changed video drivers, haven't really installed anything. I have Samsung Magician running which sometimes prevents PRBoom+ from running in full screen, but that isn't an issue now. Even when I kill Magician PRBoom+ still runs slow.

Running a GeForce GTX-670 and i7 3770K so it's not the horsepower - anyway, it has been running fine for the last few months (I built this computer over the summer), and now it is pretty much unusable. I like to watch demos with it, but each demo now takes 2 times as long to play back and while I appreciate watching the tricks in slow motion it is not feasible for long demos.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

mp.

Old Post 12-04-13 03:24 #
madpanic is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
=/-

It sounds like you might have accidentally reduced the gamespeed to 50% (e.g. by pressing "PAD-"), and setting it back to 100% ("PAD*" by default) would solve the problem.

Old Post 12-04-13 03:32 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
madpanic

That is exactly it. Thank you and boy do I feel foolish. I had some papers on my desk which were moved and laying on the "-" key on my keypad which of course slowed the game down. I started it up, pressed "*" on my keypad and off we went.

Thanks again, you saved me from frustration!

Old Post 12-04-13 03:40 #
madpanic is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote