Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Source Ports > Zdoom on Mavericks?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:26. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

Anyone running Zdoom on Mavericks? Won't seem to work on mine. Gives an exception error and crashes. Before upgrading to Mavericks zdoom was running fine on Lion, I believe was my previous OS.

Old Post 12-19-13 19:37 #
Hellbent is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Blzut3

Works fine for me. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to clear delete and reinstall the app and then delete your ini in ~/Library/Preferences.

The only other issue I can think of that might be relevant is to make sure you allow third party applications to run. My default Mavericks will only run signed apps (I believe through the app store?). I can't remember if Lion was like that, but I know Mountain Lion was.

Old Post 12-20-13 03:21 #
Blzut3 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hellbent
Forum Bellend

erm... ~/Library/Preferences? Where do I find that?

Old Post 12-20-13 04:12 #
Hellbent is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DaniJ

It is very likely that this is either a signing or a permission issue as Apple changed the rules somewhat for Mavericks:

Craig Hockenberry at furbo.org said:

Very simply put, you can no longer sign a bundle (like your .app) if any nested bundle in that package is unsigned. These nested bundles are things like helper executables, embedded frameworks, plug-ins and XPC services.

The result is that you’ll need to update your Xcode projects as soon as you start building on 10.9.

See: http://furbo.org/2013/10/17/code-signing-and-mavericks/

Old Post 12-20-13 04:14 #
DaniJ is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Blzut3

Note that ZDoom is unsigned so you'll have to disable the signing requirement. (Instructions apply to Mavericks as well.)

Hellbent said:
erm... ~/Library/Preferences? Where do I find that?

In Finder use the Go -> Go to Folder and type that in.

Old Post 12-20-13 05:40 #
Blzut3 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Csonicgo

Is there support for those who want to build using something like homebrew instead of XCode?

Old Post 12-22-13 23:13 #
Csonicgo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Blzut3

As long as the compiler is compatible with Apple's GCC (or more importantly CMake) then it should work. (Clang isn't officially supported yet.) I don't use the Xcode IDE to compile. In fact, until recently it wouldn't build in the Xcode IDE period.

Old Post 12-23-13 01:53 #