Doom Marine
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Source Ports > AHHH, ZDoom Problem

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:54. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
pickle965

I have this really anoying glitch with ZDoom. When I load up the game it looks fine. Then, as soon as the title screen comes on, all these wierd lines start flickering across the screen and the task bar shows up at the bottom. The game is still playable, but it is extremly annoying and almost unbearable. Is there some kind of graphic option that needs tweaking?

Or is it because I'm running XP?

Please help,
Pickle

Old Post 04-26-02 01:51 #
pickle965 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
JavaGuy

I had the same problem using XP, so that might be it.

My mind is an empty shell. Other's thoughts enter, bouncing off the walls an' echo. Never thinking for myself or but for myself I think. So now I've left it all behind finished 'least with a good deed. A long road awaits, and I'm on my own.... I feel pretty good.

Old Post 04-26-02 02:14 #
JavaGuy is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

I haven't had this problem with the current version of ZDooM, but this happens in the Skulltag beta that Carnevil gave me.

Old Post 04-26-02 04:38 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
sirjuddington
Slade doesn't mean what it used to

Uhh, have you tried the 'use attatched surfaces' option? I think that option was put in to fix a problem similar to what you are experiencing (I think...)

Old Post 04-26-02 12:47 #
sirjuddington is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
MaTT [TiK]
Forum Regular

I got that problem when i tried 2 play zdoom at school. i had it on full screen (which works fine at home) and i found out it worked when i put it in a window, so if ur usin full screen, try turning it off.

Old Post 04-26-02 17:25 #
MaTT [TiK] is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
pickle965

Hey thanks, the problem is solved in window mode.

Pickle

Old Post 04-26-02 21:01 #
pickle965 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
will
Mini-Member

Problem: flickering display in fullscreen mode
I had the same problem with my geforce2 and Windows 2000 Pro,it's not a problem for me under 98se.

Solution:
Try using the -noptc 1 from the commandline for fullscreen mode.. or you can add the line in your autoexec.cfg set vid_noptc "1" or just find that line in the zdoom.cfg and edit it..

This has worked for me, and I hope this helps. oh and if you fuck something up, its not my fault :)

Old Post 04-26-02 23:59 #
will is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
pickle965

Yep, that's basically the same setup I have, Geforce 2 MX400 and winXP. I edited the cfg file and my problems are solved.

Thanks,
Pickle

Old Post 04-28-02 00:45 #
sirdaved

Since we're on the subject of Zdoom:

I'm having trouble using Custom Wads. The Launcher finds them and includes them on the list, but when I run Zdoom (thru the launcher) it just starts at Doom2 Map01. I know that the Wad I'm selecting was designed for Map01 and, in the main menu, I select to Warp to Map01 which should be the Custom Wad, not Doom2 Map01. Am I doing somethin' wrong. (Yes, I did check the box to 'Use Custom Wads').

Old Post 04-29-02 03:45 #
sirdaved is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Zro

Try a better launcher, or a batch file.

The Links:
IWADs
S o u r c e ports
maps
tools
Frontend
Editor

Old Post 04-29-02 10:40 #
Zro is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
deep
as in Deepsea

will said:
Solution:
Try using the -noptc 1 from the commandline for fullscreen mode.. or you can add the line in your autoexec.cfg set vid_noptc "1" or just find that line in the zdoom.cfg and edit it..
That's only for 1.22 IIRC 1.23 beta33 no longer has that option. In ZDOOM.INI (prior was ZDOOM.CFG) set vid_attachedsurfaces=false

This happens mainly on fast systems. IOW, if I run at a high enough res (1600x1200) it also goes away.

Old Post 05-02-02 00:35 #
deep is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

sirdaved said:
Since we're on the subject of Zdoom:

I'm having trouble using Custom Wads. The Launcher finds them and includes them on the list, but when I run Zdoom (thru the launcher) it just starts at Doom2 Map01. I know that the Wad I'm selecting was designed for Map01 and, in the main menu, I select to Warp to Map01 which should be the Custom Wad, not Doom2 Map01. Am I doing somethin' wrong. (Yes, I did check the box to 'Use Custom Wads').

Just create a shortcut to ZDoom. Under the second box (after you've right-clicked on Properties), just add -file mywad.wad to the command line there, where mywad is the wad you want to load. This is how I do it and it works perfectly for me.

Old Post 05-08-02 13:22 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote