Doom monster
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Source Ports > Gzdoom requests?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:49. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
gemini09

I'd like to make a couple of requests for this fantastic engine... When you begin a new game by New Game; Custom Episodes selection menu; Skill selection.... I need the episode choice to be tagged with an individual, purpose-made playerclass. So four episodes, and four playerclasses.

The second thing was how to get a selection menu of the 4 playerclasses in dm/coop games.

Last edited by gemini09 on 04-13-14 at 21:16

Old Post 04-13-14 21:03 #
gemini09 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Archi

You can do this that way: leave there only class menu, start game in the same map for everyone and after starting of this map check player class and exit to episode depending on player class.

Old Post 04-13-14 22:15 #
Archi is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gemini09

Could you elaborate a little on that?

Also I was wondering if the text highlighting on skillsetting browsing could be disabled - so the skull Icon would do all the indicating.

Last edited by gemini09 on 04-15-14 at 20:51

Old Post 04-13-14 22:32 #
gemini09 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

A simple way to do that would be to use a teleporter with four possible destinations, each destination being filtered to one of the classes.

Each teleport destination is in a separate part of the map, with an exit to the start of this class's episode.

Admittedly, that'll behave oddly in coop. But that's unavoidable.

Old Post 04-13-14 22:45 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gemini09

I'd love to avoid using a teleport map if that could be done but I don't know....

regarding my other curiosity, if you move the Skull indicator to any of the top/first three, they will be additionally highlighted with red text http://i.imgur.com/oqvp7lf.png

Last edited by gemini09 on 04-14-14 at 01:12

Old Post 04-13-14 22:53 #
gemini09

Please work with me some more on these issues, because I would really like to pull off these effects so the Mod can be shaped as polished as possible.

Old Post 04-15-14 14:38 #