Doom monster
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Source Ports > Hunting for Doom PSP

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:30. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
LanHikariDS
Warming Up

I've been searching for a good while for a functioning DOOM signed homebrew, for the PlayStation Portable. I'm not looking for anything TOO fancy-schmansy, I just want it to play Ultimate DOOM, DOOM II, and the Final DOOM WADs, with sounds and music (Even if it comes out sounding 8-bit). I was hoping it could play online with Vanilla and/or Chocolate DOOM, but I can live without it. I Understand that I'll need to already own said WADs and load them myself. I have a PSP-2000, running OS 6.60.

Old Post 04-15-14 21:52 #
LanHikariDS is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
LanHikariDS
Warming Up

I Know this is possible, because I've run homebrews of Duke Nukem 3D (with minor issues, such as Hall of Mirror effect in mirrors, Duke rarely talking, even when supposed to, and not being able to run fast enough to jump across the pillars to beat Red Light District) and Quake, in my unmodded OS. The homebrews I've tried will show an icon and background, but when I press X, it says "The game cannot be started. The game data is corrupted."

Last edited by LanHikariDS on 04-17-14 at 17:41

Old Post 04-15-14 22:02 #
LanHikariDS is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
axdoom1

Are you looking for this?

Old Post 05-05-14 22:08 #
axdoom1 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
LanHikariDS
Warming Up

Nope, Already found it. Posted this exact thread on GBATemp and got a reply instantly... Thank you, though.

Old Post 05-07-14 21:04 #
VGA

Well, to make this thread actually have a point, the best Doom port for the PSP is this one:
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/news-su...gacy-release-4/

When I saw it had multiplayer I almost swallowed my gum. And I wasn't even chewing one.

Old Post 06-01-14 15:52 #
VGA is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote