Doom Comic
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Source Ports > [solved] I can't compile GZDoom from source (errors occur)

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 19:09. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Patrol1985

I'm using Linux Mint 16 and I tried to compile GZDoom from source. I used instructions from Zdoom wiki:

http://zdoom.org/wiki/Compile_GZDoom_on_Linux

I did copy/paste on all the commands and everything was going fine until I arrived at the "compile GZDoom" step. I copied and pasted commands from the wiki, but this time the terminal returned some errors:

make: *** No rule to make target `clean'. Stop.

CMake Error at src/CMakeLists.txt:259 (message):
Could not find GLEW library files

CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
GLEW_LIBRARY
linked by target "zdoom" in directory /home/(my name)/gzdoom_build/gzdoom/src

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

I pasted just the errors, not the whole thing. Can anyone linux savvy tell me what is going on and how to fix it? Is the wiki page up to date, or should I use different instructions?

Last edited by Patrol1985 on 05-17-14 at 17:04

Old Post 05-15-14 07:40 #
Patrol1985 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

Well obviously you need to install that GLEW library.

Old Post 05-15-14 08:16 #
Maes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Patrol1985

I already did, just like the instructions told me:

sudo apt-get install libglew-dev

The system says the package is already installed and updated etc. Yet, the error is there :/

Old Post 05-15-14 09:09 #
Patrol1985 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Graf Zahl
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

The CMake files haven't been changed yet to search automatically. At the moment you need to set the paths itself.

Old Post 05-15-14 11:23 #
Graf Zahl is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Patrol1985

May I ask how to do that, or where I might find a tutorial? I'm not knowledgeable enough to do it myself yet.

EDIT: I solved the problem. Read the full thing here:

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/source-...a-3150-a-guide/

Last edited by Patrol1985 on 05-17-14 at 17:04

Old Post 05-15-14 11:31 #
JPL
Green Marine

Cool, thanks for posting a link to your solution Patrol1985... I ran into the same issue and found this post via web search :]

Graf, if the one-line change to CMakeLists in that thread doesn't break anything it would be nice to merge it.

Old Post 06-01-14 17:27 #
JPL is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Patrol1985

I'm glad you found it useful :)

Old Post 06-02-14 06:44 #