Doom Marine
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Source Ports > IWADs in Doom64EX Problem

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:50. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
A.R.V

Is there a way to play doom64ex with different wads just like SkullTag & ZDoom? everytime when I run it with a different wad it ends up with a message like this....

--------------------------------------------
Z_Init: Init Zone Memory Allocator
CON_Init: Init Game Console
G_Init: Setting up game input and commands
M_LoadDefaults: Loading game configuration
I_Init: Setting up machine state.
D_Init: Init DOOM parameters
W_Init: Init WADfiles.

********* ERROR *********
W_Init: IWAD not found
--------------------------------------------

Can someone PLEASE at least tell or show me how to run doon64ex with different wads?

Old Post 07-27-14 21:07 #
A.R.V is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Quasar

No. Doom64 EX is a purpose-built source port for running the game with the DOOM64.WAD file which is created by running the accompanying wadgen utility on a ROM image of the Nintendo 64 game.

It is not capable of playing any of the PC missions, nor loading PWADs for them, and especially not ones designed for ZDoom. It is possible to load PWADs designed for Doom64 EX, but I am not sure how many if any of these have been released.

Old Post 07-27-14 22:18 #
Quasar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
A.R.V

Quasar said:
No. Doom64 EX is a purpose-built source port for running the game with the DOOM64.WAD file which is created by running the accompanying wadgen utility on a ROM image of the Nintendo 64 game.

It is not capable of playing any of the PC missions, nor loading PWADs for them, and especially not ones designed for ZDoom. It is possible to load PWADs designed for Doom64 EX, but I am not sure how many if any of these have been released.

then why did the Pwad "EMPATHY_1.4.3.wad" did not work on the doom64ex? I want to play as the monster in doom64ex but it never works.

Old Post 07-27-14 22:32 #
A.R.V is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Quasar

A.R.V said:

then why did the Pwad "EMPATHY_1.4.3.wad" did not work on the doom64ex? I want to play as the monster in doom64ex but it never works.

Not familiar with this mod. Doesn't show up in searches on this forum or on /idgames.

Old Post 07-27-14 22:38 #
Quasar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
A.R.V

Quasar said:

Not familiar with this mod. Doesn't show up in searches on this forum or on /idgames.

I also tried using "No Rest For The Living" Pwad & it does not work it that either. is there a list of pwads that will actually be compatible with doom64ex? thanks for trying, I appreciated it.

Old Post 07-27-14 22:42 #
A.R.V

A.R.V said:

I also tried using "No Rest For The Living" Pwad & it does not work it that either. is there a list of pwads that will actually be compatible with doom64ex? thanks for trying, I appreciated it.

By The Way, the EMPATHY WAD is only found on MEDIAFIRE not IDGAMES.

Old Post 07-27-14 22:43 #
Da Werecat

A.R.V said:

Sounds complicated. Another ZDoom mod?

I also tried using "No Rest For The Living" Pwad & it does not work it that either.

Makes sense. It's for Doom 2.

is there a list of pwads that will actually be compatible with doom64ex?

Stuff that was made specifically for Doom64 EX will work in Doom64 EX. Anything else won't.

Old Post 07-27-14 23:15 #
Da Werecat is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote