Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Avoozl

Doom source ports for Android?

Recently I just got myself my first Android the Samsung S5, however I've been having trouble finding any free or pay for source ports available for Doom, perhaps I'm not searching the right criteria but no matter what I do I still can't find any.

Isn't there at least one available, maybe even a GZDOOM port?

Avoozl said:

Recently I just got myself my first Android the Samsung S5, however I've been having trouble finding any free or pay for source ports available for Doom, perhaps I'm not searching the right criteria but no matter what I do I still can't find any.

Isn't there at least one available, maybe even a GZDOOM port?

I'm the dev of D-Touch (Doom touch), what happens if you search for 'Doom' on Google Play? It comes up at the first result on my devices, not for you?
Cheers.

Beloko will you add mouse support in Doom Touch? I sometimes connect a generic usb mouse to browse the net more easily.

VGA said:

Beloko will you add mouse support in Doom Touch? I sometimes connect a generic usb mouse to browse the net more easily.

I would like to app mouse support for sure, the problem is Google has made a really weak mouse API on Android. I can only get absolute mouse position and no relative motion data, so when you get to the edge of the screen no more data! This makes it impossible to use for any FPS games

VGA said:

Oh shit. There is no app that has solved this problem?

The only work around I know is for devices with root, apparently you can access the mouse data directly on some ROMs, but you need root, and it's not guaranteed to work

beloko said:

I would like to app mouse support for sure, the problem is Google has made a really weak mouse API on Android. I can only get absolute mouse position and no relative motion data, so when you get to the edge of the screen no more data! This makes it impossible to use for any FPS games

Guess blue-tooth controllers are about all we can feasibly do right now. My usual method for controlling fpses on Android is to use my Wii-Mote/Nunchuck, setting all the Wii-Mote buttons to do some useless TV function and then just use the nun-chuck to move around and a couple functions (Shooting and opening doors in Doom's case) with the touch-screen to aim. Not the best control system in the world but it works, it's sort of like a pseudo 3DS.

Is there any lag on bluetooth with D-Touch? When I use a physical controller, I just use a mini USB to USB adapter with a USB gamepad.

MetroidJunkie said:

Guess blue-tooth controllers are about all we can feasibly do right now. My usual method for controlling fpses on Android is to use my Wii-Mote/Nunchuck, setting all the Wii-Mote buttons to do some useless TV function and then just use the nun-chuck to move around and a couple functions (Shooting and opening doors in Doom's case) with the touch-screen to aim. Not the best control system in the world but it works, it's sort of like a pseudo 3DS.

mdmenzel said:

Is there any lag on bluetooth with D-Touch? When I use a physical controller, I just use a mini USB to USB adapter with a USB gamepad.

Seems responsive enough to me but I guess it depends on the device and controller. The Wii-Mote was designed to be receptive over blue-tooth so it'd probably be a bit different than others.

any with... ACS scripting? Source available aaaaand public domain? I want to release something for either iOS or Android and I'm thinking Android is where it's at

levir said:

any with... ACS scripting? Source available aaaaand public domain? I want to release something for either iOS or Android and I'm thinking Android is where it's at

There is Doom Touch on Android but they removed it from Play Store because of trivial stuff like the icon or something.

You can get its source code, it is 3 ports on one, GZDoom among them.

levir said:

Source available aaaaand public domain?

There has never been a doom source port that has been in the public domain. If you really want an engine with a license that is neither noncommercial or copyleft, you should look at the Cube series. Granted, none of those games have been ported to Android AFAIK.