Doom Comic
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Source Ports > Quick newbie-ish question: best doom engine?
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:14. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
magikal
May he rest in peace

deadnail said:

SO USE PRBOOM INSTEAD DAMMIT, IT HAS EVERYTHING MBF HAS AND MORE.

Yeah I know it's the fault of Allegro and I've been trying for some time to manually change the cfg with the help of Enjay.I've managed undistorted music but I just don't seem to be able to get the sfx.
Yes PrBoom is very good but it doesn't look as good as MBF.

Old Post 05-30-02 23:09 #
magikal is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Ralphis`
Loser

Use SMMU ONLY if you like Elton John

Old Post 05-31-02 02:39 #
Ralphis` is offline Profile || Blog || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kaiser
Doom64 Guru

best ports imo, is Prboom and Zdoom.

like what everyone said, Zdoom is good for the user maps out there while Prboom is good for playing the iwads.

Old Post 05-31-02 03:22 #
Kaiser is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Arno

deep said:
Wait till you see BOOMDSDAY - a BOOMIZED version of JDOOM- meaning it supports all the BOOM stuff.

That sounds like the source port I always wanted. I hope however is working on this can pull it off. And, if possible, if he could send his work to the author of JDoom, so the Boom effects can become a permanent addition to JDoom.

Old Post 05-31-02 10:43 #
Arno is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Fredrik

SMMU is great actually.

Old Post 05-31-02 10:48 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
deep
as in Deepsea

Regards BOOMSDAY:

Arno said:
That sounds like the source port I always wanted. I hope however is working on this can pull it off. And, if possible, if he could send his work to the author of JDoom, so the Boom effects can become a permanent addition to JDoom.
Graham Jackson (the author) is working closely with JDOOM's author - he's done some ideas/work on JDOOM before.

Graham has already pulled it off - just some details to fix here and there. You can download a beta from the JDOOM page or wait a bit till those little details get fixed - since betas aren't for everyone:)

I'm modifying a hi-res level for BOOMSDAY. Kind of a back-and-forth thing since with so many changes it takes both of us some time to review the work. Looks pretty awesome - a PIII450+ and a newer vid card is recommended.

Old Post 05-31-02 16:15 #
deep is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote