Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Source Ports > just a quick cheack around...

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:39. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Captain Red
Pants

What games have source ports?

I know of:
Doom
Doom 2
Heretic
Hexen
Quake
Quake 2

others?

Old Post 08-17-02 12:07 #
Captain Red is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny. Oh, and technically Strife as well, since Vavoom apparently supports it.

Paradox: The gateways have re-opened. But this time it isn't hellspawn who've come through...

Old Post 08-17-02 12:08 #
NiGHTMARE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Captain Red
Pants

Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny? hmmm... I'd like to see that.

Old Post 08-17-02 12:10 #
Captain Red is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

The most relevant link I could find is to this forum.

Paradox: The gateways have re-opened. But this time it isn't hellspawn who've come through...

Old Post 08-17-02 12:18 #
NiGHTMARE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Fredrik

NewWolf

Old Post 08-17-02 12:21 #
Fredrik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

NiGHTMARE said:
Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny. Oh, and technically Strife as well, since Vavoom apparently supports it.

It doesn't REALLY support it, it doesn't have all the cool stuff Strife has, it just lets you walk through the levels >_<

Old Post 08-17-02 12:48 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mmnpsrsoskl
Spasmolytic

Quake/Quake 2 have sourceports?

Old Post 08-19-02 13:56 #
mmnpsrsoskl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
LorD BaZTArD
My SHiFt KEy iS bROKeN

Yeah, The Quake community is still around, I don't know to what extent though, if any ports are still being worked on, but a few do exist.

Tomaz(dead, author is now working on a racing mod)(based of off tomaz), MHQuake, GLQuake, CheapHack, Tenebrae(thread about this in the doom3 tech forum)(quake1), I'm sure there are plenty of others, and there are probably Quake2 ports aroud, due to relatively recent source code release.

*July 1863: A nation torn in tragedy, a trick of fate and two great armies merge. The Gods of war at Gettysburg. Devastation lies ahead and fifty thousand bodies litter the land, Hell raises for three full days. The reaper sows, Now there is the DEVIL TO PAAAAY* Gettysburg 1863 Pt1: Devil to pay - Iced Earth

Old Post 08-24-02 16:03 #
LorD BaZTArD is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mmnpsrsoskl
Spasmolytic

I've got GLQuake, but it don't run. Stupid PC. :P

Old Post 08-25-02 01:54 #
mmnpsrsoskl is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
=/-

mmnpsrsoskl said:

I imagine this is something you already know, and have tried, and for some reason it didn't work, but anyway...
Try renaming the file OpenGl32.dll in your Quake folder to something else (say, OpenGl32.dl) so that the program uses the 'real' OpenGL driver instead.

Otherwise, there is D3DQuake.

Old Post 08-25-02 02:57 #
Grazza is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

For quake stuff go here

http://www.planetquake.com/retroquake/q1_mods.htm

Looks for the ones called "engine". My favourite Q1 OpenGL engine from the list is Tomaz Quake. The unofficial GlQuake 1.13 works pretty well too.

The WolfGL port the Fredrik linked to works really well on my machine. The major limitation that the current version has is the game doesn't stop when you get to the end of an episode. eg, on finishing episode 1, you can simply run up to the wall with the sky texture and the camera view doesn't change, you dont see the animation of your character jumping, and you don't get the summary screen.

Old Post 08-25-02 11:27 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Captain Red
Pants

mmnpsrsoskl said:

Go to your quake directory and delete Opengl32.dll.

Edit: *sigh* Forgive my stupidity.

Last edited by Captain Red on 08-26-02 at 15:30

Old Post 08-26-02 11:35 #
mmnpsrsoskl
Spasmolytic

Grazza said:

I imagine this is something you already know, and have tried, and for some reason it didn't work, but anyway...

Well actually, i've never done this :P

Ct_red_pants said:
derectory

Where can I find this derectory, I can't seem to find it :P

heh

Old Post 08-26-02 14:47 #
Captain Red
Pants

Enjay said:
The WolfGL port the Fredrik linked to works really well on my machine. The major limitation that the current version has is the game doesn't stop when you get to the end of an episode. eg, on finishing episode 1, you can simply run up to the wall with the sky texture and the camera view doesn't change, you dont see the animation of your character jumping, and you don't get the summary screen.

heh, yeah it's fun. best of all, Newwolf dosen't give me motion sickness anymore!

mmnpsrsoskl said:
Where can I find this derectory, I can't seem to find it :P

heh

forgive me.

did it work?

Old Post 08-26-02 15:35 #