Icon of Sin / Baphomet
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Looking forward to Community Chest Megawad?
Pages (38): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:07. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
VolteFace

OK, updated.

For those who want to see it, you can see it here:

http://www.kwic.com/~junior/cchest/

for now, anyway, until I find a new host.

Old Post 10-10-02 02:58 #
VolteFace is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Ok Cool...

Wow this is becoming a big thread..three pages...

Kick ass!

When I finish my current map..I will pick another slot if one is still open by then.

Old Post 10-10-02 03:07 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cadman
I'm not supposed to be here...no really

Thanks goes out to "VolteFace" for all the hard work and time in getting the new website up and running, and it's up to date as well with all map assignments! Good job man! The open slots are there on the site, if you know of anyone that would like to contribute then invite them in. Let's fill those last few slots...visit the website at the following URL...

Thanks guys! All of you out there are making this project a huge success, my hat goes off to all of you!

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

I'm a DoomGod! (Yeah, right!!)

Old Post 10-10-02 04:01 #
Cadman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
nobbjob
Mini-Member

Hey Volteface your site is great! straight to the point and easy to navigate. Your map 31 looks pretty good. have u started 32 yet? With all this enthusiasm, seems to me that this meagerwad will become a megawad much sooner than expected.

Old Post 10-10-02 09:45 #
nobbjob is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
scorpion

Hey Cadman, just sent out the order for DeePsea! :-) bare in mind that it has been 4+ years since my last WAD, but I'll do my best getting the hang of it again... When SBS is quick and there are still unassigned levels, you'll hear from me again! ;)

I am user #666 on this board. Fear me.

telnet://scorp.us.to

Old Post 10-10-02 10:20 #
scorpion is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

scorpion said:
Hey Cadman, just sent out the order for DeePsea! :-) bare in mind that it has been 4+ years since my last WAD, but I'll do my best getting the hang of it again... When SBS is quick and there are still unassigned levels, you'll hear from me again! ;)

In the meantime, you could start on a map with the shareware version (as it'll only let you make small-ish maps) and then finish it off when you get the registered one. I say this because the slots are going fast, and there's only 5 left....

Old Post 10-10-02 13:10 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
scorpion

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind! ;)

Old Post 10-10-02 14:34 #
scorpion is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

I now have ine VPO in my map...Its in the new lava section.

that area is the only place so far. and I hope to keep it that way.

well work on the map will continue later today.

Last edited by Aleaver on 10-10-02 at 22:24

Old Post 10-10-02 15:21 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Torn
google is your master

cadman, I will do map24 for the cc wad... :)

Old Post 10-10-02 15:58 #
Torn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

I just signed up for map 16..

Just alittle FYI

:)

Old Post 10-10-02 20:56 #
Cadman

Okay everyone, I only have the following slots available...

Map #19
Map #22
Map #28

That's it! Scorpion, if you want a map you better get one now. By the time you get your full version of Deepsea they'll be gone. Get the shareware for the time being and reserve a slot if you want to be a part of this project. Thanks everyone!

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Old Post 10-10-02 21:34 #
Cadman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

VolteFace said:
OK, updated.

For those who want to see it, you can see it here:

The site looks great! much more interesting to look at.

For the cwilv titles:

Map12 - No Tomorrow

Map13 - Another Dead Hero

Thanks!

Old Post 10-11-02 00:09 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Kaiser
Doom64 Guru

has the Community Chest mirc channel been set up yet?

Old Post 10-11-02 00:21 #
Kaiser is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Ok I have named map 16: Methods of Fear

Sound Good?

Last edited by Aleaver on 10-11-02 at 04:38

Old Post 10-11-02 02:58 #
scorpion

Cadman said:
That's it! Scorpion, if you want a map you better get one now. By the time you get your full version of Deepsea they'll be gone. Get the shareware for the time being and reserve a slot if you want to be a part of this project.

Man, you guys are FAST! Seems like no time for me to get the hang of WADmaking again... So perhaps it's best to assign the rest of the maps to, let's say, Torn... He seems to have all the time in the world (JK Torn;) I'll be the 1st to shout me! me! me! when my wadmaking standards are up to date again;)

Good luck everyone with your maps, I look forward to it, as we all do!

Old Post 10-11-02 08:38 #
Cadman

Scorpion, we still would like for you to do a map. Okay, maybe it's been 4+ years but you know it really shouldn't be a problem. You've done it before and that's what counts. Let me know...

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Old Post 10-11-02 17:29 #
Xanthier
Forum Regular

3...huh? I've heard of it

tell me more

crypt_dweller@yahoo.com

Old Post 10-11-02 18:39 #
Xanthier is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xanthier
Forum Regular

maybe I should submit my maps before going into this?

Old Post 10-11-02 18:40 #
Xanthier is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Xanthier
Forum Regular

maybe I should submit my maps and develop them a bit- so they are done well, before going into this?

Old Post 10-11-02 18:44 #
Xanthier
Forum Regular

hey, when all the slots are filled on this mega-wad do you start a new one??

Old Post 10-11-02 18:55 #
VolteFace

Not right away.

Old Post 10-11-02 20:17 #
VolteFace is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cadman

Okay, someone asked about it earlier and so I'll attempt to open a IRC channel this evening after 8:00 p.m. The name of the channel will be "cchest". It'll be located on "irc.openprojects.net". All are welcome to discuss the project and just maybe we can fill the last few slots, who knows?

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Old Post 10-11-02 20:45 #
Aleaver
Can't spll

After the project is done...Maybe the next one could be like Epsiode 1
of Doom1 but for Doom 2.

Just a thought.

Old Post 10-11-02 20:46 #
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

Cadman said:
Okay, someone asked about it earlier and so I'll attempt to open a IRC channel this evening after 8:00 p.m. The name of the channel will be "cchest". It'll be located on "irc.openprojects.net". All are welcome to discuss the project and just maybe we can fill the last few slots, who knows?

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

I'd like to go in there if I could, but I've never used IRC before and besides, I'd have timezone trouble. (I'm on BST)

BTW, thanks for all the map names, keep 'em coming! Currently, the following (assigned) maps are nameless:

map 04, 08, 09 (Bad Bob)
map 07 (Archvile 46)
map 24 (TornTheDark)
map 30 (RailGunner)
map 32 (VolteFace)

Last edited by The Ultimate DooMer on 10-12-02 at 12:04

Old Post 10-11-02 22:20 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Torn
google is your master

well, I think mine will get the name "Fight fire with fire" but i am not sure.

Old Post 10-12-02 02:06 #
Torn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
magikal
May he rest in peace

Xanthier said:
hey, when all the slots are filled on this mega-wad do you start a new one??

When all the slots are filled we make sure we get to completion asap, we aim to keep momentum to a conclusion. Then maybe...

Old Post 10-12-02 03:00 #
magikal is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cadman

It's one thing to fill all the slots of this project, it's another thing to actually complete it. That's the problem with many projects out there today. We will complete this one first and then "maybe" another one will start up. Then again maybe not, who knows?

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Old Post 10-12-02 13:50 #
sparky
Loser

Thatís a good idea, but the next one will have completely different mappers

but i think we should concentrate on this one first ;)

Old Post 10-12-02 14:27 #
sparky is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cadman

I'm in no way concerned about another project here, got enough on my plate as it is...:) And there's always a chance that some of the mappers from this particular project may want to be involved with a future project, who knows? My main concern is to keep this one going and not letting it die out like many other projects have. My belief is that that project leader takes on a responsibility with any project, it's very important that he keep it going. If he doesn't say anything for a few weeks, no e-mail communication with the team and answering the questions then it dies a slow death. I have a real life as well but I allocate my time so it includes the issues dealing with this project.

This also includes the responsibilities of the WebMaster! And I know we don't get paid for all this but I'll tell you one thing I love doing it! Seeing the final product and how it all comes together makes it worthwhile, I do it because I love the game of Doom, it's still fun to play for me.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT
Doom2 GrandMaster (DHT5 Standards)

Old Post 10-12-02 19:10 #
Aleaver
Can't spll

Cadman said:
I do it because I love the game of Doom, it's still fun to play for me.

Same here! Doom Forever!

Old Post 10-12-02 23:55 #