Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aleaver

Looking forward to Community Chest Megawad?

I sent Cadman a minor update to map13, fixing small textures issues and wee bit more ammo in UV.

Personally I'd like to see someone outside the project do the review.

ReX said:

Are you planning on doing a level-by-level review or an overall wad review? If you're doing a level-by-level review, who will review your maps? Also, will it be possible for you to be unbiased (which you typically are) reviewing a project in which you have participated?

At any rate, I'm sure you'll do your usual balanced and well-written assessment of the megawad.

Overall review, given the short nature of the newstuff reviews. I've not played most of the maps (been saving that pleasure for the final build...come on VolteFace!) so I'll be treating it as any other megawad. (I'll be choosing the screenies without bias, too)

Torn: No! Keep your map in - not all the maps have to have masses of detail in them! Besides, we haven't got a TFC style map in CC apart from yours (and myself and everyone else hasn't seen it yet, so how do we know what it's like?).

this is going to be very sweet.

I can't wait for this megawad to be released to the public :)

I gave the build to VolteFace and he still hasn't posted it yet! Come on VolteFace, get it up dude! I am keeping Torn's map in, he's been a part of this project from the start and he gets that slot! I've seen the map and I like it, very straight-forward.

If you are a member of the "Team" (I know who you are) and can receive a large attachment I will send you the build. The attachment would be a little over 4.5 megs. This build will not include any updates I received today. I will add the updates today and after the initial round of testing I will do the "release candidate" with all the updates for final testing and then it will be released. Here's the criteria for the testing. It's very simple...

*Can you exit the level (without clipping) and go to the next map in order?

*Any major bugs that make the map unplayable?

*Can you get to the secret levels?

I will do a final BSP and reject for the release candidate.

If you find VolteFace let him know to post the build ASAP!

Thanks everyone!

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Cadman said:

I am keeping Torn's map in, he's been a part of this project from the start and he gets that slot! I've seen the map and I like it, very straight-forward.

I like it too, I asked him to send me it, he did and I played it (there's nothing wrong with the detail, that's for sure, gameplay's quite fun, too). In fact I just sent him a review of the map, with an added plea for him to keep it in....but it looks like the map is staying anyway, so that's good news.

Unfortunately I can't take the build as it is (1 meg attachment limit), but you could send me the new/updated maps since beta 15 (which I believe is 13, 16, 17 and 28) and include the text file as well, since I have all the others (including map 22 and 24).

The Ultimate DooMer said:

I like it too, I asked him to send me it, he did and I played it (there's nothing wrong with the detail, that's for sure, gameplay's quite fun, too). In fact I just sent him a review of the map, with an added plea for him to keep it in....but it looks like the map is staying anyway, so that's good news.

Thanks... :)

Good news indeed!! Torn your maps are fine.

Cadman, please delete the replacement map 24 I sent.

Torn, good to have you back in there, we need the diversity.

Okay, I'm gonna start playing it tonight (so you'll have feedback from at least one of us before the end of next week) as I have all the stuff (apart from the text file and updated map 13, which I hope to get tonight).

I am getting very frustrated!

VOLTEFACE!!! WHERE ARE YOU MAN?????

We need the "Release Candidate" posted onto the secret URL. If their is a family emergency or the such it's very understandable, no problem with that, but let us know something!

The name of the file is "CCProj.zip"..please post it ASAP!

We want to test it quickly and get it released to the Doom Community.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Sorry, school is winding down and it's getting hectic. I'll upload it
right now.

Thanks VolteFace!!! Everyone will be happy to get it! We should be releasing it within a week or so, we really need you man during this crucial time!

Please update the webpage on the secret URL so it only shows this build which is "CCProj.Zip". Please delete the other builds, thanks man.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Looks good...thanks VolteFace!!!

Everyone on the team...go get the "release candidate", it's on the secret URL!!!

Cadman - TeamTNT

Update the damn newsfront for it, hasn't been updated in 6 months

Yes it is...I just checked and it's there!

Make sure you refresh the page once you're there...

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

No it isn't - it still shows the old one with all the betas (although clicking on them says the files aren't there) even after refreshing, and when I add the filename onto the url directly, it says the page can't be found.

I just went to the website, all the beta builds are gone and only the "release candidate is there. I don't know what the problem is but I don't have the problem. I even downloaded the file and checked it out and it's the same one I uploaded. I don't know what to tell you...

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Either the secret url has changed (I'm using the one that the betas were at), or it's probably the browser being a prat. (I'm using IE if it's anything to do with it)

If you want, can you meet me on IRC and I can DCC it to you if everything else fails.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

I just picked it up from the url in the email from Cadman. It is there now. Gonna play it over the next couple of days. Will check the new ones first. 13, 24, 28 others?

map13 is in there but not the updated one I sent a few days ago.

Cadman said:

I just went to the website, all the beta builds are gone and only the "release candidate is there.

Yep. That's all I see too.

I said in a earlier post that I already did the release candidate build before I received the update for map13. I have the updated map13 in my directory and it will be included in the next build.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Well I just finished going through the final build. I didn't really see anything wrong. Well Nothing to go awall about or anything. IMO I give it a passing grade.

GREAT WORK EVERYONE!

What are you gonna upload it as to idgames ftp?, CC or CCproj?

And ultimate Doomer: If you would align the walls in cc map24 for me, I will be happy. :)

Torn said:

What are you gonna upload it as to idgames ftp?, CC or CCproj?

It will be called "CCProj.Zip"

Cadman - Member TeamTNT