Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sgt_jerry

This is a wee bit confusing?

I can't understand how to use engines and ports,I have DoomII for Win95,and it's diffrent from the DOS DooM.So I'm confused

well for Zdoom, download zdoom and unzip it to your doom2 for windows 95 directory also download the launcher and do the same with it. open the launcher and hit ctrl+p select zdoom.exe.
set the rest of the options as you like them and hit launch. thats it.

link for zdoom and launcher

http://zdoom.notgod.com/download.php

Cyrez said:

well for Zdoom, download zdoom and unzip it to your doom2 for windows 95 directory also download the launcher and do the same with it. open the launcher and hit ctrl+p select zdoom.exe.
set the rest of the options as you like them and hit launch. thats it.

link for zdoom and launcher

http://zdoom.notgod.com/download.php

False URL Cyrez. For the newest zdoom stuff it's http://zdoom.notgod.com/ftp/. On your link there's only the old 1.22 zdoom. Newest Zdoom (123b33) here

To run Legacy is quite simple...Just download it like anyother thingy, then extract all the files into your Doom directory, Or make a new folder for legacy and place it in there, then click on "launcher.exe" and a message will pop up.. naturally read the message, then click "ok".

Then the Game Setup window will appear and then you click on the "..." box to the right of the colom titled "Doom Legacy program". From there the browse box will appear, then simply goto the directory in which u extracted the legacy stuff and choose "Legacy.exe" and click Open.

Then if u notice there are 4 coloms under the one u just filled out. These ones are entitled "Select game WAD file (either Doom, Doom2, Heretic, ...)..

Again click on the "..." box beside one of the coloms, then find your Doom, Doom2, Final Doom, ... (which are named as such Doom.wad, Doom2.wad, Tnt.wad, Plutonia.wad, ect...).

Then click open when one of them are selected, you will notice that the directory of the Iwad is in the colom. You can repeat this step 3 more times if wanted...
Note: that make sure that you Have the little circle dot thing ,on the left, selected on the Iwad that you are going to play.
Note again: the Iwad should probably be in the same directory as your Legacy stuff is, I reccomend this so its much easier, and to prevent any things going wrong, not that anything Will occur. But better safe than sorry, no?

Next, after you click Ok from the Game Setup menu, you will be at the main window of Legacy, there are many buttons in which you can choose from, I wont go through off all them cause surely, you can read the Help me of the Faq if you need more help on certain things.

To start a single player game with properties and perhaps a wad, click "Single map..." then a new window will pop up, titled "single player start", here you can choose many things, such as, Recording demos, no monsters, respawn monsters, fast monsters...Skill level, Start/Warp level.

And you will see a section called "custonize" and a colom called Additional Files (maps, skins, mods), This allows you to out in wads or skins or mods and stuff that you wish to have durring legacy while playing. Just click the little white box to the left of it and click on the "+" box just to the right of the colom, and choose your stuff.

Under that colom there is antoher colom called "Additional options (prefix console commands with a '+')" Here you can put in console commands like " -Doom3 Devparm " for easy screenshot takings (btw, when having this enabled just press F1 and a screenie will be taken.)

Now, This was just a simple Run down of Legacy and the basics to get it started, if you want to know more just togo the Legacy site and check the Faq there, or check the help menu inside of legacy which is in the "Help..." box in the main legacy window, or check the ReadMe that Legacy comes with.

But most importantly...

...Have fun, and Enjoy!! ^_^