Sarge
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > GIjOE TC - progress report

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:19. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KoolKat
Meow

Okay, last weekend I re-kindled the GIjOE TC's flame and Carnage and I got some pistol graphics done, some detail work on level 1, lots of DDF coding for the pistol. Today I fixed more DDF stuff, cleaned up the wad, and did a few other things.
The pistol base was out of Guns PC (he got it from Counter Strike), but we added a ton of art on top of that. The DDF was from scratch.
Level 1 (in case you'd like to know) is a city scape. I am working on some detailing still. It's not the best map I've seen, but it's the first I've put so much time and effort into.

Lizzard Commando; I will be putting together a pre-beta that I'll let you test.
If Doom II Guy is interested, he can test it too.
If anybody else is interested, post here, but I warn you I wont be sending a pre beta to more than 5 people.
If you do opt to be a tester I'd like you to put your opinions here, not in my email.

Thanks guys.

Old Post 10-22-02 04:32 #
KoolKat is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Little Faith
Rigtige mænd er voldtægtsmænd

Nice, how about some screenshots?

Old Post 10-22-02 10:15 #
Little Faith is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sniper joe
Mini-Member

ill test it if you want

Old Post 10-22-02 18:57 #
sniper joe is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
VileSlay

ddf. so that would be an edge tc then, right? might just downlaod edge for that.

"I only wish that you, the peons, the lowly zit ridden scum of outcast prepubescence so recklessly misspending the treasure of youth could truly understand my utter disdain for you as I look out from my lofty perch of immeasurable fame and opulence." beefcake the mighty of GWAR

Old Post 10-22-02 20:03 #
VileSlay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lizardcommando
I'm a good person because I like dogs

Cool, I'll test it.

Lizard's Legacy, Lizard Squad, Lizardcommando, the Exterminator, and any other related materials are copyrighted to Cliff AKA Lizardcommando, so don't even think about using them without my permission!!!
Copyrighted 2000-2012

Old Post 10-23-02 00:40 #
Lizardcommando is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KoolKat
Meow

Little Faith said:
Nice, how about some screenshots?

Sorry, it's not far along enough. Unless you want a few anyway, then I'll try for that.

Old Post 10-23-02 03:29 #
KoolKat is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KoolKat
Meow

sniper joe said:
ill test it if you want

I only want testers who have significant interest in the project. Do you qualify?

Old Post 10-23-02 03:31 #
KoolKat
Meow

VileSlay said:
ddf. so that would be an edge tc then, right? might just downlaod edge for that.

Yup, Edge-v1.27.

Old Post 10-23-02 03:32 #
KoolKat
Meow

Lizardcommando said:
Cool, I'll test it.

Ok, I'll get it off as soon as I can.
<note>
The pre beta is NOT finished, I'm just keeping my stuff in order.

Testers so far:
Lizzard Commando
sniper joe <in transition>

Last edited by KoolKat on 10-23-02 at 03:42

Old Post 10-23-02 03:35 #
KoolKat
Meow

More progress I forgot about, I have completed some frames for the "punk" enemy. (I plan to make a few diferrent punks, to keep it non-repeditive.)

Old Post 10-23-02 03:38 #
m0l0t0v
Forum Regular

Hey, what`s wrong with punks!

I`m not a punk myself, but I don`t think it`s OK to just label them as enemies.
For your project: Make sure you have a credible story, which states why it is "justifiable" to kill a specific group of punks.

Now if you were using yuppies/ jocks/ american presidents as enemies, there would be no need to explain yourself ;-)

Old Post 10-23-02 13:21 #
m0l0t0v is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sniper joe
Mini-Member

well yeah ill do it. i've being watching this tc since it
start'ed!

Old Post 10-23-02 22:02 #
sniper joe is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KoolKat
Meow

I've got my site updated, I'll put it on in a few minutes.

Old Post 10-23-02 23:18 #
KoolKat
Meow

It's up, the screens are there!!! Known bug> graphics in enemies and gear don't work. I'll fix it later.

Thanks sniper joe.

Old Post 10-23-02 23:56 #
Little Faith
Rigtige mænd er voldtægtsmænd

Could you tell me the web page? I forgot it. (Maybe you should put it in your sig. People usually do that about their projects).

Old Post 10-24-02 11:35 #
Little Faith is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KoolKat
Meow

Click my homepage link on my info bar.
-----------------------------------\/

Old Post 10-26-02 19:29 #
myk
volveré y seré millones

m0l0t0v said:
Hey, what`s wrong with punks!

I`m not a punk myself, but I don`t think it`s OK to just label them as enemies.
For your project: Make sure you have a credible story, which states why it is "justifiable" to kill a specific group of punks.

Now if you were using yuppies/ jocks/ american presidents as enemies, there would be no need to explain yourself ;-)

Heh, well it makes sense in respect to the TC... after all GI Joe is a genuinely fascitoid character.

Old Post 10-26-02 19:36 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KoolKat
Meow

myk said:

Heh, well it makes sense in respect to the TC... after all GI Joe is a genuinely fascitoid character.

Oh, I forgot to say that I'm not stereotyping punks as bad. It was just the name i thought of at the moment. Got any suggestions?

Old Post 10-26-02 20:05 #
KoolKat
Meow

The pre-beta has been sent to Lizzard Commando and sniper joe. Expect their reports in the near future.

Old Post 10-26-02 20:12 #
myk
volveré y seré millones

I can't get to your page from the link on your profile so I don't know if these punks are the only (or principal) enemies you're including. You should certainly include the usual enemies of the character, though. That Cobra guy, his minions and whatnot.

Old Post 10-26-02 20:21 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KoolKat
Meow

Okay, Lizzard Commando, I tried to email you the zip, but it didn't go through. Got another email?

Old Post 10-26-02 20:22 #
KoolKat
Meow

to myk; This isn't a GIjOE vs Cobra mod. Sorry, that may come later. (Or in a bonus level! SHHH!)

Old Post 10-26-02 20:37 #
Nick Perrin
Enjay's bodyguard

Hey, kool kat, if you would like someone in the GI
Joe TC team who is EXTREMELY experienced with ddf
and edge and mods, just click my e-mail on my signature
and send me a letter. I can help the GI Joe TC become
not just good... but amazing.

Trust me...

Old Post 11-02-02 02:11 #
Nick Perrin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nick Perrin
Enjay's bodyguard

Yo, I just checked out your page and realized
something- are all your guns just rips from
Guns PC? if many are, I can help you get new
and better animations of the same(or better) guns.
Nick Perrin's the name. EDGE modding's the game!

Old Post 11-02-02 02:16 #
Nick Perrin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
m0l0t0v
Forum Regular

from Nick`s site:
Desert Warrior: The Isreali Special Forces simulation Total Conversion.

Wow, I always wanted to play a TC as a soldier:
shooting Palestinian children through the head,
bombing the homes of the innocent,
executing the unarmed,
shooting at ambulances,
firing at "evil rock throwing terrorists",
... well you get the point...

Old Post 11-04-02 00:14 #
m0l0t0v is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nick Perrin
Enjay's bodyguard

Oh, no, i should have made it clearer, I think
you misunderstood. The TC is based on the Isreali
Special Forces as oppose to just the Isreali Military.

There a few reasons for this. First, what you talked about,
and the special forces only engaged in counter-terror operations
and the like. These are the guys sneaking into the large house that contained a group of terrorists in the Taibeh Raid, saved hostages
from a hijacked, parked plane, etcetera. you can check out the site,
even, at http://www.isayeret.com and see for yourself these are not
the same guys. Also, if i were to make a TC based on american SWAT
teams or something, it would be too overused-weapons, themes.
This way I still have the Counter-Terror theme with more variety.

Old Post 11-04-02 23:29 #
pilottobombadier
Stained Class King

Actually Nick...you're wrong and he's right. Israeli Special Forces is the Sayaret Matkal. Last time they did a hostage rescue they executed all of the "terrorists" after they'd disarmed and cuffed them.

And Ehud Barak, one of Israel's ex PM's was a member, and he himself executed one of the founding members of that group that Arafat found...i can't remember what it was called but the assassination was pretty cold-blooded, and the victim's son spoke out recently with several palestinian and isreali youths regarding the violence. These guys are no better than the army; in fact they're worse.

I think you may want to change your project if the subject matter might actually offend people. I dunno, just a thought. It might be better if I e-mail this to you, I dunno.

Old Post 11-19-02 05:34 #
pilottobombadier is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
m0l0t0v
Forum Regular

pilottobombadier:
Actually Nick...you're wrong and he's right.
Me and others already pointed this out to him on another thread. It was under 'Wads and Mods', but is appears to be gone now. There is still a thread under 'general' about this TC, which had its story changed because arguments described above.

Thanks for caring though...

Old Post 11-19-02 12:14 #