Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Another wad review request

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:29. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mustafa saed
I seriously stink

Could anyone give their quick opinions of these wads?

Caverns of Darkness
Southern Cross
QDOOM by Fanatic

Old Post 11-15-02 02:47 #
mustafa saed is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

Caverns of Darkness: very good. Excellent visuals, challenge, and innovative features.

Southern Cross: don't know - never heard of it.

QDOOM by Fanatic: can't say, since it ran way too slowly on my old computer, and I haven't tried it with the new one. It didn't grab my attention too much, since I was never a big fan of Quake.

Old Post 11-15-02 02:52 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

Good,
good,
and good.

Quick enough? :)

Old Post 11-15-02 02:52 #
rf` is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Little Faith
Rigtige mænd er voldtægtsmænd

Caverns of Darkness: Über untouchable goodness. Cool immersive tech/gothic environment that reminds me of the best of Virgil's work. Just better.

Southern Cross: Good Doom1'ish wad that is not entirely dissimilar to 2002 A Space Odyssey.

Qdoom: No comment, I haven't got EDGE to play it.

Old Post 11-15-02 08:21 #
Little Faith is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Jayextee
Darth Jrrr

Qdoom was great, with the exception of the episode "hub" / first levels running far too slowly, and the last boss being next to impossible. However, it felt more like a showcase of Edge's features than a real TC, and is worthy of a quick blast but that's all.

Howver, as a DDF coder on an Edge project, I'd recommend anybody doing the same to download it as an invaluable reference material to show how some Edge stuff should be done. As this, it couldn't be better -- it's IMO the definitive DDF tutorial, after the official documentation, of course.

Old Post 11-19-02 23:56 #
Jayextee is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote