Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > You guys remember YPOD, right?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 22:43. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Danny

What did you make of it?
Your Path of Destruction it was called, and was a complete conversion for Quake to make it Doom. Amateur as heck, and bugged all over the shop, it was nonetheless an exciting little game because it was 3D Doom. The enemies weren't bad at all, and actually looked quite good.
Only flaw was the Suburbs level was unpassable due all manner of bugs kicking in then halting progress.
But it was interesting to see Doom in a new light, and a lot of credit goes to the team who worked on it.

Old Post 11-19-02 21:17 #
Danny is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

dont remind me of that terrible peice of crap. Nothing was good about it.

Old Post 11-19-02 21:54 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

I think "Amateur as heck, and bugged all over the shop" covers it. Far too hard to progress because of all the problems. Some neat ideas but the poor implementation meant I struggled through it once, and never repeated the effort.

I *think* a lot of the 3d models were used for a while when 3d accelerated doom ports first came on the scene. These have, of course, since been updated.

Old Post 11-19-02 22:04 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Spike
Team Future has a new Giger-esque in the works

a)That was the most visually disturbing Quake mod i've seen. It indeed was full of bugs and it ran like a quadrapalegic puppy.

b)Yes; those models were used on early incarnations of Jdoom and the likes - tho the models have been updated (for the better) recently.

Old Post 11-19-02 22:13 #
Spike is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DEMOn

It was a bold project at the time.
very similar in scope and quality of many DOOM mods...

Old Post 11-20-02 00:06 #
DEMOn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Captain Red
Pants

If I kenw anything about quake C I'd consiter fixing it up.

Old Post 11-20-02 00:46 #
Captain Red is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sirjuddington
Slade doesn't mean what it used to

Actually the YPOD models were only used in DoomGL. Then Edmundo Bordeu updated them for ZDoomGL (the current ZDoomGL models), and then they were updated further for JDoom...

Old Post 11-20-02 04:21 #
sirjuddington is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote