Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
5hfifty

Anyone care to try out my semi-semi-complete map for ZDoom?

http://playerzgames.hey.nu/zuac2.zip

I know it's incredibly small with no exit and a ton of unused new textures(as of yet), but I just want people here to see what I can do and if so far and it's good enough to actually finish, because if it's not I don't really want to bother finishing. It's also my first go at ZDoom, or any source port for that matter. So just tell me what you think of it so far, and any critisms or "I think you should put..."'s or whatever are appreciated. Thanks.

Looked very cool at first, but then I found monsters. Obnoxiously placed monsters. Then I got a Zdoom illegal operation.

Huh... I don't have any problems. I use ZDoom 1.23 beta 33. And about the monsters...is there too many or is it just how they all come out at the same time?

There aren't too many, but they do start pouring out when they hear you shoot. Also, you might want to tone down the stealth monsters just a tiny bit (not remove them altogether though), at least until the last part of the map. And a few zombie guys are stuck around the conveyor with the boxes on it.

All except the sky and the UAC window textures came from two texture packs from http://www.doomworld.com/afterglow/. Namely "Malice TC" by Nick Baker and "SS's Textures Pack" by Sailor Scout.

Also, the monsters don't actually get alerted by your shooting, they're actually all dormant, and get activated when you cross certain lines.