Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nanami

Doom: Enigma

m0l0t0v said:

BTW: Does anyone know the status on Community Chest?

last i heard it was only a map or so from completion.

Thanks for the input guys! It seems I still have 3 community megawad releases to look forward to...

I wonder which will be finished first; D:E, CC or NDCP?

My computer decided to break last Sunday, and I just got it fixed today, and responded by working some on my Enigma map. It's gonna be a while, since it's pretty big and I have lots of cool ideas, but it'll hopefully be done by the end of the month.

Archvile46 said:

My computer decided to break last Sunday

heheh

Epyo said:

heheh

I'm failing to see the humor in my computer breaking.

D:E PROGRESS UPDATE:
no progress is being made

i emailed everyone on the team that signed up for a map slot and asked them to report their progress here. apparently no one did. don't be too surprised to hear of a project cancelation soon if things don't start picking up.

NO! SAY IT AINT SO BALDY! Damn. I don't want to see my map end up a some stand alone mediocre map that some one plays because they're bored. Without the rest of the maps, my map is simply out of place. C'mon people - well - Archvile46 may be in a bit of a snare, but can't anyone atleast half-ass a map?

Wha'!! I haven't received any such e-mail. But maybe I'm misunderstanding something: Do you mean those that aren't finished with their maps?

Because mine is finished and I sent it to Nanami a loooong time ago. Just in case...

yes, i meant people who did not have their maps finished. and yes, if they project does need to be canceled, i'll see to it that all the maps that have been completed will be released into some sort of half-complete megawad.

both nami and myself completed a map for the project as well, i wouldn't want them to be wasted either. nanami of course will have the final say on this, but i don't think she's more optimistic than me when it comes to the lack of progress by people who signed up, and then proceeded to "forget" they ever had.

i personally would really like to see some progress made, and am in fact working on another D:E map myself, but the lack of response from so many on the team leaves me far from optimistic at this point. the next "deadline" for maps is June 1st. we'll make a decision based on what we have by then.

I think I may have WANTED to finish my second map if you guys had a better turnout after I put in my first wad and like three other people turned wads in after. Wow, 4 maps. If I don't see any progress within the next few weeks I'm taking my map out and doing my own episode.

there are 11 maps complete as of now.

i for one am stilled shocked that Ralphis managed to finish a map and so many others did not.

I wouldn't worry about this not going as fast as expected. Considering how long most megawads take to make (bar Erik speedzilla Alm) I think you were probably a bit optimistic to think you'd get it done in 4-5 months. I would just give yourself more time. It probably also doesn't help that there's a couple of other community megawads under way at the moment. Perhaps when they're done some others will be able to help, or people will have more time to spend on it.

And on a side note, what E3 maps are free?

The Flange Peddler said:

I wouldn't worry about this not going as fast as expected. Considering how long most megawads take to make (bar Erik speedzilla Alm) I think you were probably a bit optimistic to think you'd get it done in 4-5 months. I would just give yourself more time. It probably also doesn't help that there's a couple of other community megawads under way at the moment. Perhaps when they're done some others will be able to help, or people will have more time to spend on it.

the problem lies in the fact that i emailed every member of the team who was signed up to make a map, and asked them to reply whether or not their map was coming along well or whether they planned to abandon the spot. in total, we got 0 replies. using that as an indication, we have a progress rate of 0%, and we will be finished by approximately never.

The Flange Peddler said:

And on a side note, what E3 maps are free?

E3 Map Claims

MAP21 - Thomas V
MAP22 - deathz0r
MAP23 - ???
MAP24 - ???
MAP25 - Black Void (MAP RECEIVED)
MAP26 - ???
MAP27 - Torn (doubtful)
MAP28 - ???
MAP29 - Stealthy Ivan
MAP30 - Nanami (MAP RECEIVED)

Torn's not doing MAP27 anymore.

Also, we've pushed back the due date two or three times, and even then only got like 4 maps. It's not a matter of "not getting done as fast as expected," it's more like "people aren't doing it at all."

It's very likely I'll cancel D:E.

sargebaldy said:

the problem lies in the fact that i emailed every member of the team who was signed up to make a map, and asked them to reply whether or not their map was coming along well or whether they planned to abandon the spot. in total, we got 0 replies. using that as an indication, we have a progress rate of 0%, and we will be finished by approximately never.

I've tried to organise things in the past and had similar zero email response. It pissed me right off. But I reckon if you keep at it you'll think it's worth it in the end (hopefully).

E3 Map Claims

MAP21 - Thomas V
MAP22 - deathz0r
MAP23 - ???
MAP24 - ???
MAP25 - Black Void (MAP RECEIVED)
MAP26 - ???
MAP27 - Torn (doubtful)
MAP28 - ???
MAP29 - Stealthy Ivan
MAP30 - Nanami (MAP RECEIVED)

Awww poo, I would have liked to have done E3M5. I could give E3M3 a go (and even include some random base and cement textures to boot). Although if Torn isn't going to do E3M7 I wouldn't mind giving that a try instead.

Edit: Well anyway, I'll give E3M7 (MAP27) a go if you like and see what I can get done by June 1st. I must admit I'm busy at the moment but I'll try and get something reasonably substantial started.

I do think you guys should wait a bit. Theres other community projects, like Community Chest and whatever NewDooM is doing, not to mention ZooM, all of which have a number of mappers also involved in D:E. I'd wait until some of these are done before totally totally scrapping this (look at Community Chest, that looks to be nearly done - perhaps you'll have an influx of ravid mappers once it's uploaded).

Ralphis said:

I'm taking my map out and doing my own episode.

*cough*

BTW, I did get the e-mail and yes I'm still working on my map. If anyone really wants to see the little bit I have done, they're welcome to it.

Thanks for the help you guys. Maybe we can drag it up and get it done within the next month or two. If not, we're considering either dropping it or giving it to someone else.

There's a website but it's really outdated. I don't even remember where it is anymore, heh.

What is it you're wanting to know?

Nanami said:

There's a website but it's really outdated. I don't even remember where it is anymore, heh.

you can find that right about here