Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im starting my first wad. Its called midian. If you dont know what midian is...
its the city of monsters. Its in a book by H.P.Lovecraft.Im useing deepsea to make it.
This will include a new story,monsters and a new gun. I will post sketches of the monsters later. I want a heavy metal sound track and i want to know what songs to put in. Dont bother with mettallica or korn cuz I hate them.

Im a huge Cradle Of Fith. Midian is my fav cd form them. I will put alot of that cd in the wad !And a lot of Nile for the part of the wad that takes place in egypt.
For those who dont know what bands we are talking about. Is Black meatl. Great music if you in to thrash metal or death metal.

You're a huge cradle of filth? Are you also a fan of Cradle of Filth, because that would be such an odd coincidence...

The album 'Midian' by COF was, in turn, inspired by the Book 'Cabal' by Clive Barker - this became a film called 'Nightbreed', about creatures that inhabit the abandoned crypt-city of Midian, and a man who travels there with the conviction that his sins can be forgiven.
As for the .MID musical scores, just enter a COF song on any MIDI search engine for some appropriate music; we have three or four tracks on teh HD ourselves.

Excellent stuff, as is the album.

I thought Cradle of Filth labelled themselves as "Acid Funk" or something like that...

When I saw the title of this thread, midian, I oddly enough thought of Miridia, the icy cold underwater section of Zebes in Super Metroid :)

*ahem*

Born in a burial gown, Cradle to Enslave, Her Ghost in the Fog and of course their cover of Black Metal would all make good tracks..

Am I the only person ever that absoultely hates Cradle of Filth, but likes most other metal? :P

Anyhow I suggest not using metal MIDIs for Doom maps. They just don't go together all that well...

SlayeR said:

Am I the only person ever that absoultely hates Cradle of Filth, but likes most other metal? :P

Yes :P

DooMBoy said:

When I saw the title of this thread, midian, I oddly enough thought of Miridia, the icy cold underwater section of Zebes in Super Metroid :)

It's more precisely called Maridia, and isn't icy at all (though my interpretation is that it's a somewhat cold and lifeless area, as opposed to the tropic waters in Metroid Fusion).

I have two first draft drawing of two monsters.I plan on scaning them and posting them in the fan art section later to day. Also the story of the wad should get posted next week. I not puting a relase date on this thing . Becouse if I do the closer to the date I get the more Im porbably going to rush. Also im planing on haveing CG cut seens for huge parts of the plot. This is a guse maby a year or two before this thing will be ready. Im puting alot of hard work in to this. All hope in Eclipse,Her gost in the fog and Black Metal will be in the sound track. Fear Factory and Minastry will be in the sound track also. They will most likely be in the N.Y. levels. Sine partof the game takes place in a castle. Im takeing some Castlevaniea monsters and puting them in the wad. Oh and all of the doom monsters will so up too. Read the story next week and you will see why.

Ultraviolet said:

You're a huge cradle of filth? Are you also a fan of Cradle of Filth, because that would be such an odd coincidence...

There are levels of being a fan. I think that if you have 1-4 cd from that band you a fan If you have every cd the band has put out youa huge fan. I have every cd COF has put out so im a huge fan.

SlayeR said:

Anyhow I suggest not using metal MIDIs for Doom maps. They just don't go together all that well...

Our megawad so far is made up entirely of metal tracks by NIN, M.Manson, Metallica, Pantera, Coal Chamber, Type O Negative and more; i've certainly not heard complaints. On the contrary, most people who do mention it speak positively of the soundtrack - you know, this one!

I agree, metal midi sounds rough.. though goth metal translates really well to mod format. Check Modplug's site.

Demons Hand: You completely misunderstood what I was talking about.

Ed: Modplug.com is back up? I couldn't access it for months...

Ultraviolet said:

Ed: Modplug.com is back up? I couldn't access it for months...

Yeah, it came back up a few months back, with a new owner or something like that.

And Spike, well count me in as the first to complain I guess ;) Well, not that I am complaining, more like making a suggestion :P, but since the wad has a 'scary' atmosphere, shouldnt it have 'scary' MIDI's to enhance that?

Still, Metal IMO goes well with 'boss' levels, and levels with lots of action.