Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GooberMan

The next Gateway Experiments map is being worked on

I started working out the story for the map today. This time it's going to be more dialog-oriented. I need to set up a few things for the rest of the series story-wise, so half of it will take place on your ship and the other half will take place on another ship. There'll only be one battle, but hopefully the story will make up for the lack of action. Don't worry, map after this one will be a big battle (the reason for which will be specified through the story). Hopefully, because the map doesn't need to be as big (scripts on the other hand... :P), it should be released within a month.

I realize that you're hardly finished with all of these Gateway Experiments maps, but once you've finished them all, could you merge them all together into one big wad?

This idea sounds really cool, but dont get so involved with story line that it effects game play (like lack of detail and monster placement). And compiling it into one huge wad is always another good idea...!

This map is a necessary evil in my opinion - I need to set up the story for the rest of the series, and as a result the script (actual script, not ACS :P) for this map is about 15kb in just plain text. This of course includes branches and stuff, but it's bigger dialog wise than SSO was.

And since the maps are designed to play differently depending on what you've done in other stages, putting them all in one überWAD is an idea I've been planning on doing for some time.

And further on the promised big battle in the map after this one... it all depends on how you play it :)