Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Melfice

Go ahead and Drool...

Looks quite faithful to the original, and I certainly wouldn't mind playing through doom64 with the kb+mouse setup. Keep it up!

Those pics from the Void level look badass, btw. :)

just to inform that we are constantly updating the maps every day so things will change in the final version.

Yeah, but we're all perfectionists on this team, so you're guaranteed if there's a problem we'll fix it. Mr.fix 'r' us.

The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information.

Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please try again later.

Don't you just love that cuddly message?

Now, I don't know what else is on that site, but it seems that a little bit of interest in a few jpegs from deep within the forums of a game site dealing with a non-mainstream game is frequently enough to exceed Geocities data transfer limits. They must be helluva low limits.

Melfice Darkmage said:

Try just going to my site ..... It's a shame that geoshitties insists on being such a pain in the ass.

Sorry, dude. Still can't get in. Will try again later. (I suppose it's called GeoShitties for good reason. As Nigel said, I can't see how the number of visitors from posts in DW or ND would cause that much traffic for GeoCities to clamp down.)

/me drools /me flicks ears /me drools some more

I am the master of droolage, what with being the animal I am. :D

Yay, I'm in. Huzzah

Melfice Darkmage said:

Go ahead and Drool...

OK. (Copious quantities of saliva start running down Enjay's chin.)

Yup, those are fekkin sweet looking screenies.

Impressive, most impressive.

The sprites are looking a lot cleaner than any D64 rips that I have seen before, and the level/mapping work looks superb.

I can't remember which port this is for (if indeed that information has been released). Am I right in saying its a mod specific customisation of something like Legacy?

Enjay said:

I can't remember which port this is for (if indeed that information has been released). Am I right in saying its a mod specific customisation of something like Legacy?

By the looks of the screenshots, I'd say ZdoomGl.

mmnpsrsoskl said:

No, they are using jDoom for the port now.

Great! Now i need to get a 3d card *shudders*

JDoom is correct. Originally we were using ZDoom, not ZDoomGL. Using JDoom as our engine now, I can't ever imagine using anything else. For anyone who thinks they'd rather it be for another port, believe me, JDoom is for the best!

Lens flares hurt my eyes..

Btw what are the edeting features of Jdoom? if there are non, then I gues it can be run with anything.--

the TC is using all of Jdoom's features.

Jdoom uses these scripts called ded files which allows the user to take full control of Doom. Its like Dehacked but better.

Doom64 uses extensive frames for the projectiles and is impossible to add them in other ports. (well, maybe for zdoom) Jdoom also has a scripting system that allows new linedef types that can be used in maps.

Doom64 also has a different fov and view height, which that can be adjusted in jdoom as well. And jdoom is the only port that can do the texture shading so well...without that it wouldn't be Doom64...

oh yeah...there will be 3d objects present as well...

Taking a look at Kaiser's doom64 sprites in his dsv4 wad and taken a look at yours it enlightens me to see that these sprites are a lot more clear. I'm definately looking forward to this!

btw: is Kaiser on the TC team?

ReX said:

As Nigel said, I can't see how the number of visitors from posts in DW or ND would cause that much traffic for GeoCities to clamp down.

GeoShitties give their freely hosted sites a maximum downstream bandwidth of 2gig/month. Instead of being smart and just shutting the site off for the rest of the month once the 2gig has been reached, they decided to check every hour the downstream bandwidth. If the hour's downsteam looks like it could breach 2gig if it keeps up that amount of traffic for the entire 672-744 hours that comprise of a month, it shuts the site down until the hour's up. Really annoying for hosting pictures and then posting links on the forums, as the hits in quick succession mean that the bandwidth cap is exceeded and it shuts the site down.

GooberMan said:

GeoShitties give their freely hosted sites a maximum downstream bandwidth of 2gig/month. Instead of being smart and just shutting the site off for the rest of the month once the 2gig has been reached, they decided to check every hour the downstream bandwidth. If the hour's downsteam looks like it could breach 2gig if it keeps up that amount of traffic for the entire 672-744 hours that comprise of a month, it shuts the site down until the hour's up. Really annoying for hosting pictures and then posting links on the forums, as the hits in quick succession mean that the bandwidth cap is exceeded and it shuts the site down.

Geoshitties is gayz0r.

ZarcyB said:

Geoshitties is gayz0r.

No shit. I gotta put up with their gay-asses till I find a better server. :P Trust me, I'm looking.

ravage said:

No shit. I gotta put up with their gay-asses till I find a better server. :P Trust me, I'm looking.

I hope that's sometime in the next few days cuz i've got to create a website soon. And i don't trust geoshitties much either.

BlueSonnet said:

I hope that's sometime in the next few days cuz i've got to create a website soon. And i don't trust geoshitties much either.

It's easy to use and all, but it's so limited. No snap-on grid, no transparency(that I can find), bandwith nuisances, limited space, no direct links to pictures, *.gif& *.jpg picture support ONLY, annoying ads, pagebuilder sucks, slow as hell, whole thing is buggy, et. etc. You get the idea.