Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Coraline

New Project Underway

I've come to announce that we've started a new project, in accordance with the Duke 2 Doom team. You may have remembered the old post about Ceejay needing a direction for a Duke project, and it's been figured out.
Duke Nukem: Judgment Day (title TBA) is being developed by The Doom Gods and The Duke 2 Doom Team. The theme centers around a futuristic Terminator 2 theme. The engines are Zdoom (were not doing the Zdoom part, and the Duke Nukem 3d BUILD engine). Online play will be included.
It's pretty cool. If you guys have any more questions, post here. The website is underway. Either that or go to our messageboard at: http://pub7.ezboard.com/bthedoomgods
* BTW, Resident Evil Unleashed is not dead. Development has resurfaced. We'll release the Public Test, but the game has undergone new developers and a new storyline (plus all new graphics and levels). The Doom Gods aren't developing it, but were sure as hell going to oversee it. Any NEW or COOL ideas post them here.
** We need help for these two games, so if you would like to help (especially on the Duke project), e-mail me at corbachu@yahoo.com

Just last night I was thinking again about starting a D3D TC. (I'd been thinking of doing one for a while, but dropped the idea because of other commitments.) Good luck on your project.

I hope your new project doesn't suffer the same fate as the apparently abandoned Robotech TC project. That one really pissed me off too cuz I kept hoping that it would get done and well...
you know....

Err...Robotech isn't dead. It's just been in limbo.
Our current project, REU (Resident Evil Unleashed) almost suffered the same fate as some of those abandoned mods on the DW home page. Many people think they're both great ideas but failed concepts when put to use in DOOM, but many people also think that they're great mods, since no one else has the tweets and berries to develop them.
Thanks for the tips. I hope it doesn't suffer the same fate. Only thing we need now is a new development team.

Brad_tilf said:

I hope your new project doesn't suffer the same fate as the apparently abandoned Robotech TC project. That one really pissed me off too cuz I kept hoping that it would get done and well...
you know....

WTF!!?? Who said it's dead? As a matter of fact there's an Alpha for the ZDoom one(Robodoom) about to be released...

The Edge one(FirstGen) is just going really slow due to my being side tracked with ESL and all...

BTW thanks for linking to me on your site and keep up the good work. That WadStation is Great!!!

Lobo said:

WTF!!?? Who said it's dead? As a matter of fact there's an Alpha for the ZDoom one(Robodoom) about to be released...

The Edge one(FirstGen) is just going really slow due to my being side tracked with ESL and all...

BTW thanks for linking to me on your site and keep up the good work. That WadStation is Great!!!

Thanks - I'm glad you like my site. I do what I can.
I personally thought the Robodoom project was dead cuz I haven't seen an update in like a million years but if you have an Alpha coming up you should put a newsie item about it on the site and maybe give a timeframe for completion of the project and when the alpha will be released.
:-)
Just a thought.

Yeah I'm always harping on at Kaiowas(RoboDoom) to update a bit more often. As a matter of fact he just gave his site a going over yesterday :)

As for a time frame... In my case it's impossible to give any kind of date for the end of project except for the old "When it's done" because there are lots of factors involved (life, work, girlfriend, social). I'm sure that Kaiowas has similar issues too.

Plus I'm still getting new ideas all the time that I want to implement: maybe I could say I'll have something done for a certain date, and then suddenly I think "what if I change that script around so that..." or "Those Veritech Sprites are finished, but wouldn't they look better if I brightened them up a bit..." and I've just created more work for myself.

I had originally planned to release some kind of demo by now, but at the moment I'm thinking along the lines or releasing nothing until it's finished.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that someone is interested in the project at least, It might help motivate me a bit more to get my ass in gear ;)

BTW the Alpha is for the ZDoom TC(RoboDoom) and, as far as I know, Kaiowas has put up some news about it on his site.

http://robotech.mybravenet.com - check out the news update.

Don't ever start spreading false information without checking things out. I haven't updated the site in six months. This is because I've had nothing significant to say. I have my contact info plastered all over my site and no one has tried to get a hold of me.

Nice job.

Well said. Yeah, our project isn't dead either, just in development limbo. Like I said, Resident Evil Unleashed has been in limbo for awhile and we've signed on deals with other developers.
Our new game, Duke Nukem Judgment Day has gotten a website now. Just let me choose a name for it (e.g. the http name) and it'll be up.

Is anyone interested in Resident Evil Unleashed on Doomworld anymore?? I've noticed no one has said anything for awhile.

And is anyone interested in the Duke project? We need help and we appreciate everyone who does.
And, RoboDoom looks promising, I just haven't had any time to do it. But the EDGE version looks cooler. Is it that hard to port from EDGE to ZDoom and vice versa?
And anyone know how I can get ahold of Action Entertainment (NOT subdivisions Apogee and 3drealms) so I could talk?

We're not porting anything.

At most, we're sharing sprites and .wav's. Each of us is trying to use his flavor of Doom to it's fullest. Which means that a LOT of rules are different for each project. For example, I believe that Lobo is using DDF's to script characters in the game interacting with the player. I am attempting to create the same effect, with voices and all. But the technique is a bit different.

We're not doing the same game on two different "source ports." Each project is a completely different game. Lobo has his own story, and I have mine - and the differences in the ports reflect that due to their unique differences and features. When done, they will be two different games completely.