Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

And a second question that has bugged me for a while. Is "Team TNT" in anyway shape or form related to "TNT team" who were responsible for the Duke Nukem 3D Platoon TC, that I think later got made into the Commercial game "'Nam"? I think the answer is no, but I'd like to get a definite on that.

beezee88 said:

How many megawads have these guys made?

They are probably best known for their 2 commercial (and official id Software) add-ons Evilution and The Plutonia Experiment (made by Dario and Milo Casali, members of TeamTNT).

They have several free megawads, including:

Eternal DooM (one of my all-time favorite megawads)
    Icarus
    Bloodlands (DM only)
    Grievance (DM only)
    Pursuit (DM only)
Daedalus: Alien Defense looks like it'll kick some serious monster butt.

of all these tnt and plutonia is the best.
icarus is okay, but many of maps sucked imo.

I have't really tried the dm megawads so much. But I guess they are okay.

Plutonia isn't really a TeamTNT effort in the sense that the other WADs are. The Casali's did form part of it (not sure if both of them, but I suppose) but they made Plutonia by themselves.

Enjay said:

And a second question that has bugged me for a while. Is "Team TNT" in anyway shape or form related to "TNT team" who were responsible for the Duke Nukem 3D Platoon TC, that I think later got made into the Commercial game "'Nam"? I think the answer is no, but I'd like to get a definite on that.

No, they're not the same team.

JoelMurdoch said:

No, they're not the same team.

Thank you. I can now sleep at nights. :-)

Just in case, take two of these and call me in the morning

/me brings two hot blondes into Enjay's room

JoelMurdoch said:

/me brings two hot blondes into Enjay's room

Enjay stares blearily at his monitor, nursing the bruises given to him by his wife repeatedly beating him over the head.

She wouldn't accept they were for medicinal purposes. :-)

TNT Team also made a commercial sequal to their Platoon TC, called NAM. They've long-since renamed themselves "Reactor4" and moved onto Unreal, where they did the first Single-Player UT TC, and UT mods Matrix Moves and Real Time Movie Studio. You can see their stuff at http://www.planetunreal.com/reactor4/

Hey thanks. I knew about NAM (a friend actually bought it, although it didn't seem to contain much more than the TC) but I didn't know about the Reactor4 stuff.

Well, I quite like their UT stuff. I just wish they'd make UT2k3 stuff, but they haven't updated since november.

TeamTNT have certainly produced a lot of wonderful stuff. Actually, I slightly preferred Icarus to Evilution - it seemed to have a more coherent theme, and I liked all the maps. Boom was also a TeamTNT product, possibly their most influential of all.

BTW, Eternal didn't start off as a TeamTNT project - somewhere along the line (between the second and third releases, maybe?), Team Eternal became part of TeamTNT.

Heh, I remember on 31st December 1999, eagerly waiting to download "Doom2000" - a release had been promised just before the Intarweb crashed due to the minnellium bug. :)

Grazza said:

BTW, Eternal didn't start off as a TeamTNT project - somewhere along the line (between the second and third releases, maybe?), Team Eternal became part of TeamTNT.

Wow...! I never knew this...!
Oh by the way, is team TNT still gonna be continuing there projects, it seems like back in the day they used to make alot more stuff then they do now? Plus I was out of the scene for a while and missed out on alot of news :(
What ever happend to doom2000? (did they change the name or some thing, I have not heard anything)

Well, at least people still talk about us! Bad or good, it's fine with us. We're glad that most of you have enjoyed the projects that we at TeamTNT have done! Many people from all over the world have contributed to those projects and we thank them all, but most of all we wish to thank the Doom Community for all the support we have gotten and especially the downloads of all the projects! You guys rock man! We do it for the love of the game! (Where have I heard that before! heh!).

Dadaelus: Alien Defense, which used to be Doom 2000 is just about finished...please check out our daily screenshots at our website.

teamtnt.com

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Grazza said:

Daedalus (nearing completion) is Doom2000. Dunno why they changed the name. ;)

Could be something to do with the fact it's now 2003, ahem. Boom is without doubt their most important contribution imo but I luv all of their megawads and associated works i.e. Plutonia. An interesting history with the merger of Team Eternal & Team TNT as regards Eternal but I'm sure glad they did, the more I play that wad the more I like it, its' atmosphere is something else, absolutely supurb.
Dadaelus...can't wait.:)