Demon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > TVR.wad

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 02:21. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

Holy crap, this megawad is awesome. I was digging through my doom2 folder trying to clear up space by deleting wads I don't play anymore, and I stumbled across this and decided to give it a shot. I must have downloaded it some time ago and never played it, but it kicks fucking ass.

The level designs are innovative and realistic, without being incredibly complex. The first few levels suffer from the author not knowing how to unpeg or align things, but that can easily be forgotten. Not to mention it's possibly the most fun wad I've ever played. It's definitely up there with Memento Mori, my favorite wad of all time. In fact, some of these levels made me think I was playing MM, just a more realistic version of it. All it was lacking was good replacement music.

If you haven't downloaded this wad, do so immediately.

Old Post 03-05-03 01:01 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Opulent

http://www.doomworld.com/sda/tvr.htm
We agree. :)

I recommend Dmonfear by Adam Windsor and T_dunn02 by Travers Dunne as well, if you liked TVR!.

Old Post 03-05-03 01:28 #
Opulent is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Stealthy Ivan
DM 4 life

Umm... Hell yeah, this is deffinitly a wad worth keeping... I cant beleve you could even forget about such a wad?

Old Post 03-05-03 04:12 #
Stealthy Ivan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kid Airbag
Not really a kid. Not really an airbag. WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!? Who's asking? Are you French? An airbag is a safety device in a car that inflates during a collision and blocks you from smashing your head into the dashboard or steering wheel!

I recommend Dmonfear by Adam Windsor and T_dunn02 by Travers Dunne as well, if you liked TVR!. [/B]
I think I've played Dmonfear by Adam Windsor (back when it was in sets of 5 or so levels at a time, I think), and liked it for the most part, except the levels were small. Really small. TVR's aren't huge, but they're still not quite like Windsor's maps :P

Old Post 03-06-03 04:31 #
Kid Airbag is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
EllipsusD

Opulent said:
I recommend Dmonfear by Adam Windsor and T_dunn02 by Travers Dunne as well, if you liked TVR!.

Where could one find these wads? They seem very interresting.

Old Post 03-06-03 05:03 #
EllipsusD is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Scientist
False Prophet

www.doomsearch.com

Old Post 03-06-03 11:12 #
Scientist is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Brad_tilf
Redemption! Bath in its pure Light!

Well, you could just look here since I have Momento Mori, TVR and pretty much every other megawad on the planet available on this page.
http://www.doomwadstation.suhost.com/mega/mega.html

If you can't find it there and you find it somewhere else, let me know where to get it cuz I want that page to be complete.
:-)

Old Post 03-06-03 13:44 #
Brad_tilf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
EllipsusD

Scientist said:
www.doomsearch.com

Awesome, thanks.

Old Post 03-06-03 17:40 #
EllipsusD is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Grimm

TVR was REALLY good for the most part, but sadly started to lag towards the middle. VERY good overall, though, with excellent new graphics (don't replacing the music, though, was a serious mistake that serverly hampered my enjoyment of it) and very cool level design. Excellent.

Old Post 03-08-03 01:10 #
Grimm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
AndrewB
I would commit first degree murder and then fabricate evidence to make it look like self defense.

RTDscout, you forgot to say "10,000th post!"

Old Post 03-08-03 02:18 #
AndrewB is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

RTDscout said:
...sadly started to lag towards the middle...
I can't imagine which maps you have in mind. I thought 12-20 (including the secret levels) were all great, even if 13 and 18 did kick my ass just a bit too hard. 14 was a bit too easy if you played it as a "just run to the exit" speedrun, I suppose.

Old Post 03-08-03 02:37 #
Grazza is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Grimm

What can I say? I didn't like 'em quite as much. I'm sure the music didn't help.

Old Post 03-08-03 02:41 #
Grimm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

You could use a music wad, such as mmmus.wad, mm2mus.wad. reqmus.wad, hrmus.wad, nin.wad, etc. Plenty to choose from.

Old Post 03-08-03 02:47 #
Grazza is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Grimm

Nope. If someone doesn't replace the music, then I'm just not gonna enjoy their wad as much. Feebage on their part.

Old Post 03-09-03 18:13 #
Kid Airbag

Grazza said:
You could use a music wad, such as mmmus.wad, mm2mus.wad. reqmus.wad, hrmus.wad, nin.wad, etc. Plenty to choose from.
Heh, that's what I did. I did mm2 cause every level is different and none of the musics repeat.

Old Post 03-09-03 22:09 #
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

Brad_tilf said:
Well, you could just look here since I have Momento Mori, TVR and pretty much every other megawad on the planet available on this page.
http://www.doomwadstation.suhost.com/mega/mega.html

If you can't find it there and you find it somewhere else, let me know where to get it cuz I want that page to be complete.
:-)

In which case, I'd better let you know where to get mine from. It's a bit like TVR in some ways (which is one of my fave megawads as well), but more strongly themed and realistic.

Old Post 03-10-03 12:54 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote