Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > New deathmatch wad - testers
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:36. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Job
Forum Legend

I've just finished Chaingun Arena for Doom II. It's now available for testing before it's release. Whoever wants to play-test it, just post your e-mail address.

Old Post 03-05-03 20:55 #
Job is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Rotting Corpse
Sometimes I fall down

demons_hand@mail.com. Dont for get to resize those gifs.

Old Post 03-05-03 20:57 #
Rotting Corpse is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nick Perrin
Enjay's bodyguard

I'm guessing you've already sent it to me.

Old Post 03-05-03 21:03 #
Nick Perrin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Job
Forum Legend

Yup.

Old Post 03-05-03 21:05 #
Job is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Job
Forum Legend

Anyone else want to try it? I've got the zip available for e-mail so you can play asap -- test it with friends, etc.

Old Post 03-05-03 21:57 #
Stealthy Ivan
DM 4 life

StealthyIvan@aol.com I want a copy...!

Old Post 03-06-03 00:21 #
Stealthy Ivan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Stealthy Ivan
DM 4 life

Hmm... After playtesting, I think the map design is nice but you need to fix some of the doors and misaligned textures. And add some detail and secrets.
Keep up the good work....!

Old Post 03-06-03 04:12 #
Stealthy Ivan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
999cop
Constrained Owing to Lot

vulg@r: i think i'll need you to send me the wad again
viocop@inbox.net

Old Post 03-06-03 04:44 #
999cop is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deathz0r
Bitch fuckin' stole me chaingun!

deathz0r@zdaemon.com

This better be worth it.

Old Post 03-06-03 10:55 #
deathz0r is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Biffy
Forum Regular

I'd like a look at it.

mjblakely@earthlink.net

Old Post 03-06-03 15:35 #
Biffy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Job
Forum Legend

Sent and sent. :)

Old Post 03-06-03 18:59 #
deathz0r
Bitch fuckin' stole me chaingun!

Heh, it's good for a first wad. Some of the areas were a bit annoying to manuveur around though (like that pit). It looks more like a training wad than an actural dm level.

Old Post 03-06-03 20:22 #
deathz0r is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Job
Forum Legend

Well, I fixed all the stuff you and other testers mentioned. The final release is now available at request.

Old Post 03-06-03 23:11 #
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Vulg@r sent me chaingunarena.wad last night, and I must admit, it's not at all bad for a first wad, not at all.
However, there were some problems:
The MIDBAR textures in the one raised piece of ground in the one corner of the arena are sunk into the ground.
The step textures should be changed, IMO.
The indoor area of the arena is a bit expansive, IMO.

Still yet, not bad, I had a good time with it. :)

Old Post 03-07-03 01:21 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Job
Forum Legend

w00t. :) I sent you the final release. The level is far improved now.

Old Post 03-07-03 02:01 #
rf`
Dr. Nosign

dragon_69283@yahoo.com

Old Post 03-07-03 02:37 #
rf` is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Amaster
Artificial Mechanical Android Skilled in Troubleshooting and Efficient Repair

I just played the latest version. The new areas look great. I disagree with the addition of the BFG though, but meh.

Old Post 03-07-03 02:49 #
Amaster is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Melfice

Hey, Vulg@r, I tested it and had alot of fun. I hope you get more into Doom editing more, I'd look forward to testing out your DM maps in the future :)

You're part of a forum of a bunch of elitists who 1. hate console systems, 2. will beat you when they think you're dumb to the point of leaving and 3. like to argue, a lot, and no one man can be the winner because there's a huge mass of fanboys frequenting this forum. :) Have a nice stay!

Old Post 03-07-03 05:26 #
Melfice is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Job
Forum Legend

I'm glad that it's proving to be a fun map. :) Well, DooMBoy and I are teaming up for a DM wad set. If anyone else wants to join, you're more than welcome to.

Old Post 03-07-03 06:03 #
Melfice

I would, but uh, I got all of the following projects going at once:

Dark Nexus Code: L
Dark Nexus Code: Z
Doom64 TC: The Absolution
NewDoom Community Project
NewDoom Legacy Project
My own Legacy DMage
Creating the Escher room from Labyrinth in my latest DM (pic below)
http://www.astrolog.org/labyrnth/lobby/lobby3.gif

You're part of a forum of a bunch of elitists who 1. hate console systems, 2. will beat you when they think you're dumb to the point of leaving and 3. like to argue, a lot, and no one man can be the winner because there's a huge mass of fanboys frequenting this forum. :) Have a nice stay!

Old Post 03-07-03 17:21 #
Melfice is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Rotting Corpse
Sometimes I fall down

I want More damn it. More!

Old Post 03-07-03 21:10 #
Rotting Corpse is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nick Perrin
Enjay's bodyguard

One suggestion, Vulg@r- unpeg the texture above the second window. Other than that, the wad kicks ass!!

Old Post 03-07-03 22:05 #
Nick Perrin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Stealthy Ivan
DM 4 life

Hey...! I would like the new version of the level too! Hook it up man.

Old Post 03-08-03 04:46 #
Job
Forum Legend

Okay, just give me your e-mail address again, please.

*EDIT* Actually, with Use3D's help, it'll be in the newest Newstuff Chronicles. So if you want it, you can get it there. Because I've modified it even further before I sent it to Use3D.

Last edited by Job on 03-08-03 at 07:22

Old Post 03-08-03 06:13 #
el zee
killer without a cause

send it 2 me plz!
el_Zee@hotmail.com

Old Post 03-08-03 09:22 #
el zee is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
999cop
Constrained Owing to Lot

nvm, my email was being stupid these 2 days

Last edited by 999cop on 03-08-03 at 21:36

Old Post 03-08-03 21:25 #
999cop is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Job
Forum Legend

S'okay. Just dl it when it's on Newstuff Chronicles.

Old Post 03-08-03 21:50 #
Use3D
Forum Legend

The map is fun Vulg@r, much cooler than my first few maps, damn editors these days take all the hair pulling frustration out of Doom editing! did you want me to upload it to /newstuff?

Old Post 03-08-03 22:51 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Job
Forum Legend

Yessir. :)

Old Post 03-09-03 00:19 #
Use3D
Forum Legend

Done. It might not get reviewed this late, but it's only a deathmatch level, so maybe they can squeeze it in.

Old Post 03-09-03 00:31 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote