Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Mortal Kombat TC

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:45. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Brad_tilf
Redemption! Bath in its pure Light!

This mod arrived in my mailbox the other day. Definitely worth checking out. You can get it here:
http://www.doomwadstation.suhost.com/main/mk.html

I posted some other total and partial conversions as well recently. If you wanna see them just go here:
http://www.doomwadstation.suhost.com/main/tc.html

Old Post 03-06-03 13:48 #
Brad_tilf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ReX

Bob, I have a suggestion for your page. While your descriptions of the wads/mods are good, it might be helpful for people to have access to any accompanying text files. People who are selective about what they download, usually can make a decision based on what's in the text file.

Old Post 03-06-03 13:58 #
ReX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Brad_tilf

Well, I'll consider that for future releases. Its a good idea except that in order to have links back to the page or anywhere else in the site I have to turn the txt file into an html file that they can navigate. but, well, we'll see. Thanks for your feedback.
:-)

Old Post 03-06-03 16:11 #
Brad_tilf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Rotting Corpse
Sometimes I fall down

Do you have any more shots.Id like ot see the new monsters befor I download it.

Old Post 03-06-03 16:25 #
Rotting Corpse is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Brad_tilf

man - all this over a small download.
Anyway - you got it - more pics.
enjoy

Old Post 03-06-03 17:31 #
Rotting Corpse
Sometimes I fall down

Brad_tilf said:
man - all this over a small download.
Anyway - you got it - more pics.
enjoy

If it lookes like crap .If I have a good hunch that its just going ot be a waste of space. Then why download it? That is why I wanted to see more pics. Cool wad btw.

Old Post 03-06-03 17:36 #
Rotting Corpse is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
kristus
Megablast!

Brad_tilf said:
Well, I'll consider that for future releases. Its a good idea except that in order to have links back to the page or anywhere else in the site I have to turn the txt file into an html file that they can navigate. but, well, we'll see. Thanks for your feedback.

The browser have a "back" button.
Anyway, do anyone even ever use those back links?

Old Post 03-06-03 18:02 #
kristus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Rotting Corpse
Sometimes I fall down

Ebola said:

I dont cuz most of the time they take ya ot the advertised site.

Old Post 03-06-03 18:04 #
Brad_tilf

I don't do advertising on my site. Nobody noticed? The only popup is a java popup for my last release. No banners, no nothing. The only thing I have on my site that might be remotely consider "advertising" is a search engine in the table on the left of the main pages but since all its doing is offering people a search option it's not really advertising. As far as those links to main pages and stuff - easier if you've navigated down a few pages and just want to head back to the main page.

back to topic: I played through the first level. I enjoyed it. Its not the best map on the planet but it was fun to play and challenging so its all good and tho they didn't change ALL the sprites, they changed enough. Its a small dl - try it and form your own opinion - positive or negative. I liked it.

Old Post 03-06-03 20:44 #
rf`
Dr. Nosign

Hey brad, here's another suggestion; If the author's got a website, post a link along with their work. I'd really like to know more about who made Osiris.

Old Post 03-06-03 21:05 #
rf` is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Brad_tilf

I almost always post links to the original authors websites but in many cases they don't have them and in even more cases now the original websites have disappeared, in which case I removed the link because it is dead and dead links are bad. Perhaps there is a clue to Osiris in the text file?

Old Post 03-07-03 06:33 #
Brad_tilf

p.s. - such is the case with Osiris.
I checked the web address given in the .txt file but it no longer exists. Of course, the files have a date of 1996 on them. Such is the problem of the internet. People come and go but they leave their legacy behind for us to ponder....

Old Post 03-07-03 06:37 #
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

I was thinking the other day you could make a decent "beat 'em up" mod in Zdoom by using all the Heretic and Hexen close quarter weapons in addition to the Doom ones, but eventually I decided that there would be no tactics involved in which one to use. Once you got the most powerful ones, you'd stick with them with no penalty, unless some form of cost, (effectively ammo use or time) were built in to the mod.

Old Post 03-07-03 09:36 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DarkWolf

Brad_tilf said:

Ebola said:

Have you thought about PHP, or something similar, for your website?

Old Post 03-07-03 22:16 #
DarkWolf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote