Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Need Mapper

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:04. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
GameArena
trapped in wet paper bag

I need a heavily skilled mapper to create maps for a new mp TC in progress. They'll have to know how to do slopes and such using Zdoom, and will also need to be able to do "realistic" levels, set in WW2. First of all, one that can do outdoor mp maps would be of great assistance. As with many of the new engine options, hiding placing (aka heavily forested areas) would be great, to allow the players to hide for sniping. Proning will make the hiding easier ;) . Anyone interested? I especially like the outdoor work on the new Sonic mod.

Old Post 03-15-03 22:54 #
GameArena is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Epyo
Dude

So you want a slave then? :d

Old Post 03-15-03 23:17 #
Epyo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sargebaldy
not arioch

because no one can find a project to join? seems to me if anyone wants to make something they just make their own megawads. it's really sick. you sick freaks just think you can make your own megawad and never help with anyone elses and expect shit to get done?? it doesn't work that way!

(btw there's been signifcant progress on my own personal megawad zoom, but i could still use some more mappers)

Old Post 03-15-03 23:19 #
sargebaldy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Erik

from now on I will never do any work on any project I am not leading myself unless at least 50% of the work is done already and the leader is very active himself.

Old Post 03-15-03 23:47 #
Erik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sargebaldy
not arioch

Erik said:
from now on I will never do any work on any project I am not leading myself unless at least 50% of the work is done already and the leader is very active himself.

sounds like a good rule to me. i'll let you know when zoom is 50% complete (do you mean mapwise?)

Old Post 03-16-03 00:19 #
sargebaldy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

You lazy bastard (heh), if you're going to do a TC, at least do some mapping for it or someting else, like sprite or texture creation, instead of coming here asking people to do all of it for you. Incredibly lame.

Old Post 03-16-03 01:00 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GameArena
trapped in wet paper bag

Umm, it's hardly lame, I've been mapping and most of the time I've been coding my ass off. Thinks like proning, crouching, and visual damage, turrets, new weapon options and tons of other supported features aren't exactly easy.

Old Post 03-16-03 03:30 #
GameArena is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Epyo
Dude

I don't understand, you're making a port now?

Old Post 03-16-03 03:34 #
Epyo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GameArena
trapped in wet paper bag

Well, kind of, I'm just advancing the engine to my needs, and then the TC will be packed with the engine.

Old Post 03-16-03 05:11 #
Lizardcommando
I'm a good person because I like dogs

I've got my own Mod to worry about. :/ Uh... er... Anyways... Good luck with your project...

Lizard's Legacy, Lizard Squad, Lizardcommando, the Exterminator, and any other related materials are copyrighted to Cliff AKA Lizardcommando, so don't even think about using them without my permission!!!
Copyrighted 2000-2012

Old Post 03-16-03 09:17 #
Lizardcommando is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GameArena
trapped in wet paper bag

:\

Last edited by GameArena on 03-21-03 at 06:15

Old Post 03-21-03 02:48 #
Aleaver
Can't spll

Hey man I understand...I can't get anyone to join NHFL EP II
They don't even need to know Zdoom slopes or anything..Just your basic DOOM maping..And still noone wants to help
And I have asked several times for help. I guess they could care so less about it that they are willing to wait the two or more years It will most likely take me to finish NHFL EP II.
What the fuck ever.

Old Post 03-21-03 13:43 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Little Faith
Rigtige mænd er voldtægtsmænd

I am very interested in helping NHFL Ep2. Both because I like Ep 2, but also because I believe I have the necessary skill to make something on par with what I have seen.

I just like to join a project with a finished product rather than getting assigned.

Old Post 03-21-03 14:03 #
Little Faith is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Trasher][
The game is not well!

I'd help, I really would, but I have no talent WHATSOEVER when it comes to doom modding. Sorry man.

Old Post 03-21-03 14:09 #
Trasher][ is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

Little Faith said:
I am very interested in helping NHFL Ep2. Both because I like Ep 2, but also because I believe I have the necessary skill to make something on par with what I have seen.

I just like to join a project with a finished product rather than getting assigned.

Well I need you to tell me what map number you want. So I or someone else doesn't make that map.

And I would like to see an example of your work..even if its not finished.

And I would like to get some info from you for the NHFL Mappers page.

Old Post 03-21-03 16:34 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GameArena
trapped in wet paper bag

Well anyway, my mappers would have to get used to new effects and features.

Old Post 03-23-03 18:59 #
Nick Perrin
Enjay's bodyguard

GameArena said:
Well anyway, my mappers would have to get used to new effects and features.

Maybe that's a reason no one wants to join. They now know you are doing work for the project, but are you going to take all the credit?I don't think so.

P.S. Put in a few more details about your TC, like a storyline, weapon and features examples, basically make a video game ad for your TC. That might attract more people. I would help(I could help big time with sprites for WWII weapons and enemies, and I like WWII TC's), but I'm already working on a project(Desert Warrior).

P.P.S. Speaking of Desert Warrior, it'll be a little while longer than I expected for the Desert Warrior Demo to be completed. But be patient- it's going to kick ass(but I take back that thing I said about the weapons being better than immoral conduct's). The demo is going to show what this TC will be made of. Trust me, you'll like even if you hate it.

P.P.P.S. I know, I shouldn't be advertising in other people's threads.

Old Post 03-23-03 19:28 #
Nick Perrin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GameArena
trapped in wet paper bag

Yeah, trust me I know how to get gaming hype up, I'm a gaming journalist, but I just haven't stepped up the "press campaign" yet.

Old Post 03-23-03 22:34 #
Nick Perrin
Enjay's bodyguard

GameArena said:
...I'm a gaming journalist...

Cool!

Old Post 03-24-03 03:12 #
Nick Perrin is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Captain Red
Pants

hmmm, I should use this thread as a reminder to get back to work on that wolf 3d mod I keep telling people I'm making.

Trasher][ said:
I'd help, I really would, but I have no talent WHATSOEVER when it comes to doom modding. Sorry man.

I don't know, you're pretty good at getting resorces for 'em.

Last edited by Captain Red on 03-25-03 at 02:16

Old Post 03-24-03 03:19 #
Captain Red is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Stealthy Ivan
DM 4 life

I would help, but I am up to my ass in projects... If you still need help in a month or 2, then let me know.

Old Post 03-24-03 05:57 #
Stealthy Ivan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ralphis
IDL Founder

Email me at Ralphis@zdaemon.org . I tried a project like this a while ago and depending on the circumstances would love to get in with you.

Old Post 03-24-03 05:57 #
Ralphis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GameArena
trapped in wet paper bag

I'll e-mail you soon, I've been really busy lately, so I haven't gotten around to it.

Old Post 03-26-03 05:15 #