Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mandeep

Doom 2 and missing maps

Hi there...

Anybody out there - can you please help me with a problem that I am having with Doom 2 ( even after all these years )...

The issue that I have is as follows: -

When playing the game, if I play levels 31 and 32 which are "Wolfenstein" and "Grosse", I get a message that comes up in a grey and blue dialogue box with the title: -

I-Error says:

W_GetNumForName: map31 not found!

I get the same message for level 32 as well.

What I would like to be able to know is why I get this message and what the cause of it is. Is there a solution to the problem and can anyone help me???

Any replies or suggestions to my question would be most appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Mandeep

It sounds like you're using the German version of doom2.wad, which removes maps 31 and 32 due to their Nazi-themed content.

If so, there's no way to get hold of them other than buying a non-German version. But if I were you, I wouldn't bother; the two levels are pretty crappy, and as they're just remakes of Wolfenstein 3D levels anyway, you could always download the shareware version of that instead.

If I remember correctly there is an official patch out there that upgrades the German version to the international one. I never had a chance to test it, hovever.

Thanks for your reply, but can you recall or do you know anyone that can let me know about this patch that does or will do as you say?

Thanks,

Mandeep.

Hello again,

How do I get the patch to work, and how do I determine as to what version of Doom2 that I have got?

Thanks again...

Mandeep

there should be instructions on running the patch in the zip file, though it's been a long time since I had to upgrade my doom iwad/exe...

as for telling which version you have, start up doom2.exe and at the top of the screen when it's loading everything (with all those dots etc) it'll say something like "DOOM 2: Hell on Earth v1.9" I believe. Should be in a white or red or possibly blue box

Thanks for your reply, Cyb...

but the copy that I have of Doom2 runs on the shareware Doom95 launcher program and I have to select which level I want to play from the dropdown list of levels and also select the game wad file as either Doom, Doom2, Ultimate Doom or Final Doom which are all on this one CD that I have got...

So, can this patch work, or dows someone know as to how I can get the two levels back so that the Doom2 game would be complete...?

Or does someone know how they can be taken off a CD of floppy of the game and sent to me...?

Please let me know...

Thanks,

Mandeep

This one is illegal, but I think you'll be able to download vanilla Doom 2 from some several sites. These are mostly international ones with all the maps, and usually on 1.9 version already (still Doom2 & Doom are on ID's licence)

see ya

please don't revive nearly one month old threads with suggestions of warez