Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > ROTT sprites?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:55. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Vegeta
I don't "POST WAREZ, POST WAREZ!" anymore

Is there a wad with sprites of that game, converted to DOOM pal?

Old Post 05-12-03 12:32 #
Vegeta is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
zark
is more awesome than Ralphis

No.

Old Post 05-12-03 13:35 #
zark is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

I could have sworn that there was one, but it sucked. It only replaced two textures, and they were of poor quality; as if they were taken from screenshots. I would recommend that you use XWE to rip them from the ROTT data wad. I think it's huntbgin.wad for shareware and darkwar.wad for the registered.

I'm not sure about the shareware wad, because I havent had it for years. I'm just going by the .rtl name.

Don't even ask me for the wads. That's warez.

Old Post 05-12-03 19:32 #
rf` is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Aleaver
Can't spll

AH Someone else who plays ROTT!!.. I would like to do some Doom stuff with it too..But I can't find anything...

Old Post 05-12-03 22:09 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nanami
not a woman

ROTT was kinda neat, but it could have used some actual features intead of just like guns with infinite ammo and rooms without varying ceiling height and stuff. Lame.

Old Post 05-13-03 04:02 #
Nanami is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deathbringer
Post invalidated by first word being "uhhh"

uhhhhhhhh

It was more like an attempt at crossing doom with sonic (or any other platformer of the time, maybe Vectorman..) or something wierd like that, and ended up being not as fun as either

Old Post 05-13-03 09:55 #
deathbringer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

You do have to admit, it was fun in its own way.

Old Post 05-13-03 11:09 #
rf` is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Trasher][
The game is not well!

ROTT owns.

And there was a wad/deh that replaced some of the enemies with ROTT enemies. I'll find it for you.

Old Post 05-13-03 11:50 #
Trasher][ is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Vegeta
I don't "POST WAREZ, POST WAREZ!" anymore

Trasher][ said:
ROTT owns.

And there was a wad/deh that replaced some of the enemies with ROTT enemies. I'll find it for you.

Cool!

I never liked Rott, but I'm sure that some good stuff can be made with its sprites.

Old Post 05-13-03 12:06 #
Vegeta is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nanami
not a woman

ravage said:
You do have to admit, it was fun in its own way.

Yeah, I've always wanted to play ROTT DM.

Old Post 05-13-03 13:39 #
Nanami is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deathbringer
Post invalidated by first word being "uhhh"

uhhhhhh

Me and my mate played that a little on his LAN in his house, the level "The vomitorium" was fun XD

Old Post 05-15-03 10:21 #
deathbringer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

I played the demo of ROTT once, it sucked pretty bad IMO.

Old Post 05-16-03 16:11 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
VolteFace

The full version is better than the demo, IMO. I loved ROTT DM too. :p
So much fun! Capture the Triad was good too.

Old Post 05-16-03 19:58 #
VolteFace is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

I never played ROTT DM, I only SP'ed the comm-bat stuff. Even then it was fun.

(Eluder was cool)

Old Post 05-16-03 23:51 #
Nanami
not a woman

I liked playing kill the triad mode. I bet that'd be fun in multiplayer. Although I might've found a bug. If you killed the triad with a bullet weapon (machine gun) TWO came back, which means if you set something heavy on the CTRL key in the level "four square" you'd eventually lag out the game with triads. O_o

Old Post 05-17-03 00:33 #
Grogglogobofink
BAN EVASION IS BAD FOR ME

ROTT sprites? not afaik, but you can get ROTT textures and ROTT music if you want them.

Old Post 05-17-03 18:36 #
Grogglogobofink is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nestea

I believe the CD version of the full ROTT has every single sprite. Not converted to DOOM though...

There's a bonus folder in the CD with the sprites as BMPs

Old Post 05-17-03 20:03 #
Nestea is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DOOM Anomaly
I am Weird Al

I thought ROTT was awesome.

Nanami said:

Yeah, I've always wanted to play ROTT DM.

I did that a lot when I had it, it was really fun. :D

I Love Picklehammer! Do You?

Old Post 05-17-03 20:35 #
DOOM Anomaly is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

Nestea said:
I believe the CD version of the full ROTT has every single sprite. Not converted to DOOM though...

There's a bonus folder in the CD with the sprites as BMPs

That's probably true, but you could extract anything you need from the data wads with XWE.

Old Post 05-17-03 20:48 #
Trasher][
The game is not well!

Just rip the sprites from the WAD with XWE. If you need the wad to start off with, you can get the shareware game "The HUNT Begins" at the 3D Realms site.

Old Post 05-18-03 03:56 #
Trasher][ is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Hirogen2

I had made a ROTT PC/TC once, still unfinished, but it has the textures and sprites.

Old Post 08-15-03 22:18 #
Hirogen2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

Grogglogobofink said:
ROTT textures
Woah! A whole 4 textures and 1 flat!

Paradox: The gateways have re-opened. But this time it isn't hellspawn who've come through...

Old Post 08-15-03 22:25 #
NiGHTMARE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
jute
My avatar grips his belt rather tightly.

Hirogen2 said:
I had made a ROTT PC/TC once, still unfinished, but it has the textures and sprites.

you should release this.

Old Post 08-16-03 15:15 #
jute is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AgentSpork
Agent Spork is a resourceful agent for the Country

Getting rott sprites is easy.

Step 1) Open DARKWAR.wad in XWE
Step 2) Look for sprites
Step 3) Save sprites to hard drive
Step 4) Enjoy your ROTT sprites!

(I once considered making a ROTT TC for ZDoom.. heh)

Old Post 08-16-03 18:48 #
AgentSpork is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geekmarine

Damn, it's not as easy as that. Well, of course, extracting the sprites is, but okay, I just did a little test and replaced the walking frames for the zombie with the walking frames of a random ROTT soldier, and as it turns out, the sprites need some serious rescaling before they're usable in Doom. What a pity... I was considering actually doing a sprite conversion, but now I see that it's going to take a little more work than I thought, and the thought of rescaling all those sprite... (shudders) Oh well, it wasn't a total loss. I now have a copy of the shareware version of ROTT, which I haven't played in ages. On the other hand, I just did a quick conversion of the MP40 from ROTT to the Doom Chaingun, and it's really quite fun. Maybe I'll make a ROTT weapons replacement... I still can't think of what to do with the super shotgun and the plasma gun, though.

People who use correct grammar and punctuation are actually AndrewB trying to pretend he is a woman named Nanami.

Old Post 08-16-03 22:35 #
geekmarine is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
=/-

Hirogen2 said:
I remember that. I've still got a file called rott-a1.zip sitting around on my hard disk.

Old Post 08-16-03 23:00 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sargebaldy
not arioch

heh um, xwe can extract ROTT sprites. and then all you have to do is convert them to doom palette. it's pretty easy really.

Old Post 08-16-03 23:00 #
sargebaldy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
geekmarine

Or just import the images using XWE and it'll convert the palette automatically. The only problem is that the guys are about twice the size of the average Doom monster. I'm up to two weapons with my ROTT weapons mod, though. Now I've got the pistol as well as the machine gun.

People who use correct grammar and punctuation are actually AndrewB trying to pretend he is a woman named Nanami.

Old Post 08-16-03 23:16 #
geekmarine is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sargebaldy
not arioch

yeah, i meant ripping the sprites itself is easy. converting the rott monsters to doom monsters may not be.

Old Post 08-16-03 23:19 #
sargebaldy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

sargebaldy said:
yeah, i meant ripping the sprites itself is easy. converting the rott monsters to doom monsters may not be.

Oh pshaw. The rocket fireing actors can use the cybie codepointers, and there is a fair share of hitscan enemies... Fireballs ala other codepointers; shouldn't be impossible.

Old Post 08-16-03 23:33 #