Mancubus
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > ROTT sprites?
Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 14:11. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
geekmarine

Heh, make that three weapons. Pistol, machine gun, and bazooka, and sounds for each, as well. I'm thinking of making the shotgun akimbo pistols and the BFG the hand of God, but I'm not sure. Dang, if only everyone in Doom weren't so short. Also, now I've come upon a new problem: special FX animations. Like, the ROTT explosion has 20 frames of animation, whereas Doom only has 3. Oh well, life goes on.

People who use correct grammar and punctuation are actually AndrewB trying to pretend he is a woman named Nanami.

Old Post 08-17-03 01:00 #
geekmarine is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

Use Edge. :P

Old Post 08-17-03 01:17 #
rf` is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Hirogen2

http://linux01.org:2222/rottconv.php
caution, WIP!

Old Post 08-17-03 10:17 #
Hirogen2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Gokuma
picnic bench lord

Here is the first sighting ever of ROTT characters!

Rise of the Triad is Wolfenstein 3-D Part Two with Doom Characters.

I played a good amount of ROTT deathmatch. Except for a ********** level or two it was pretty fun.

Old Post 08-18-03 23:02 #
Gokuma is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Hirogen2

pregnant with worms said:
you should release this.

I did, see later in this thread (aka this page, above this post).
I am also thinking about doing the levels, and actually having the first area of E1A1 ("E1M1") a bit finished. Posting a screenie later this day.

Old Post 08-21-03 17:54 #
Hirogen2 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Hirogen2

-:- deleted.

Last edited by Hirogen2 on 10-15-03 at 16:02

Old Post 08-21-03 19:25 #
geekmarine

Hey cool, if you need guns, I've got four weapons pre-converted (pistol, machine gun, rocket launcher, akimbo pistols) complete with sounds. I was going to make more, but I kind of just quit on it. It was when I made the akimbo pistols using the shotgun. I don't know, it was just that it didn't come out the way I wanted. I'm sure somebody with awesome dehacked skills could make it work better, but whatever.

People who use correct grammar and punctuation are actually AndrewB trying to pretend he is a woman named Nanami.

Old Post 08-21-03 21:23 #
geekmarine is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DarkWolf

ROTT was okay, but my friend and I ended up playing the shareware version of Wacky Wheels that came on the CD more than ROTT.

Old Post 08-21-03 21:45 #
DarkWolf is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
jute
My avatar grips his belt rather tightly.

DarkWolf said:
ROTT was okay, but my friend and I ended up playing the shareware version of Wacky Wheels that came on the CD more than ROTT.

god, that game was really great too. i haven't played that in forever.

Old Post 08-22-03 01:54 #
jute is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

Maybe I should restart work on my ROTT levels. After I finish this hexen thing that it. :)

Old Post 08-22-03 02:00 #
rf` is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Captain Red
Pants

Gokuma said:
Rise of the Triad is Wolfenstein 3-D Part Two with

I want those sprites!

Old Post 08-22-03 05:41 #
Captain Red is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Hirogen2

Right, thanks for all the help and encouragement!

geekmarine: I already have converted all the graphics, shapes (sprites), weapons, etc., I just need to insert them into the WAD. Thanks anyway!

ravage: Yeah the most cool thing of a ROTT Conversion to DOOM is -- you can use (Z)Dooms features, namely any-degree-walls, different sector heights, scripting, anything... such a level would be in ROTTish feeling (well not quite but as near as possible) with a reasonable amount of technology.

Last edited by Hirogen2 on 10-15-03 at 16:03

Old Post 08-22-03 13:15 #
Trasher][
The game is not well!

Hirogen2 said:
Pre-stage E1M1

(brief glimpse into genius incarnate)

I... I... holy shit.

Old Post 08-22-03 14:13 #
Trasher][ is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Hirogen2

.empty.

Last edited by Hirogen2 on 10-17-03 at 21:57

Old Post 08-22-03 14:20 #