Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If you mean PWADS, any wad that was made for vanilla Doom will run in Doom95.

Nanami said:

Not all of them. For example, those that rely on DeHackEd won't run with Doom95.

Fredrik said:

Not all of them. For example, those that rely on DeHackEd won't run with Doom95.

um, you can't run dehacked files in vanilla doom either, without a doomhack.exe of some sort. and any vanilla wad WILL run in doom95, although possibly not how the authour intended it to :)

Grogglogobofink said:

um, you can't run dehacked files in vanilla doom either, without a doomhack.exe of some sort.

The point is that dehacked works with vanilla, but not with Doom95.

Grogglogobofink said:

and any vanilla wad WILL run in doom95, although possibly not how the authour intended it to :)

They will also "run" with Notepad and ModPlug Player (some of them even sound OK), but not quite as the author intended. :)

Grazza said:

They will also "run" with Notepad and ModPlug Player (some of them even sound OK), but not quite as the author intended. :)

heh. yeah, but my point is, the wad itself runs just the same on doom95 would on doom(2).exe. the deh is a seperate component from the wad, even if it is needed by the wad for full functionality.

Little Faith said:
I also think Doom95 chokes on wads where patch replacements are stored within the graphics folder.

Could you explain? What's the graphics folder? The TEXTURE* and PNAMES lumps? If that is so, doom95 should handle them fine, I believe.

Nanami said:

Negative. Quite a few make Doom95 barf. Check out bastard.wad and SudTIC.wad (E2M1, to be exact).