Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > The Wicked and the Damned

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:40. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ReX

Nine screenshots of my newest map that's in the works.

The Wicked and the Damned will be the sixth map in my Wicked series, the main features of which are that the maps have the maximum architectural detail without a source port being required, and duplicative sectors are minimized or eliminated via sector "merging".

Old Post 06-04-03 16:40 #
ReX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Tormentor667

Looks nice but I'm not into the classic doom style that much.

Old Post 06-04-03 16:57 #
Tormentor667 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
sargebaldy
not arioch

looks cool, some handsome classic looking stuff

Old Post 06-04-03 17:00 #
sargebaldy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Espi
Möh.

Tormentor667 said:
I'm not into the classic doom style that much.
You pretty much fail it then.

But, those screens look neat, if a bit washed out because of the use of JDoom, but that's not the map's fault. I don't like the midbar textures much tho, especially in this greyish environment.

Old Post 06-04-03 18:20 #
Espi is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cyb

<3 Rex

though I have to agree with espi on the use of the midbars, they seem weirdly out of place there

Old Post 06-04-03 18:31 #
Cyb is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

Looks very nice. The kind of map I like methinks.

The comments about the midbars are valid, and it would be easy enough to make a grey alternative, but IIRC the Wicked series contains very little, if anything, in the way of stuff added to the wad other than the level. The point of course being to do as much with Doom "as is" without relying on extra stuff or port support (although I'll be playing in Zdoom).

Old Post 06-04-03 19:35 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ReX

Several people said:
I don't like the midbar textures ....
Strangely, they didn't seem too out of place to me in the context of the map. However, I will consider using MIDSPACE (even though it is not a 72 unit high texture, which is really what I need).

Nigel, I'm hoping you'll volunteer to playtest the level. At that point you can decide if the MIDBAR texture is truly out of place, and I'll change it around.

Old Post 06-04-03 19:48 #
ReX is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

ReX said:
Nigel, I'm hoping you'll volunteer to playtest the level.

Enjay takes one step forward. :-)

Old Post 06-04-03 20:38 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Use3D
Forum Legend

It looks sharp. I'm not seeing the problem with midbars.

Old Post 06-04-03 21:23 #
Use3D is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ReX

Enjay said:
Enjay takes one step forward.
The map's all done, and it's in the proverbial mail.

Old Post 06-10-03 02:08 #
GooberMan
Scripting Nut

The screenshots look alright, but I'm assuming they were taken at a time when there was a rather big lack of monsters in the level. I'm gonna wait until the map's out, the gameplay in your maps is always top notch.

Old Post 06-10-03 03:03 #
GooberMan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grogglogobofink
BAN EVASION IS BAD FOR ME

eh, i just assumed that like most people taking screenshots of their maps Rex used -nomonsters...

Old Post 06-10-03 03:39 #
Grogglogobofink is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
gemini09

Quite nice indeed...

Old Post 06-10-03 08:42 #
gemini09 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ReX

GooberMan said:
I'm assuming they were taken at a time when there was a rather big lack of monsters in the level.

Grogglogobofink said:
i just assumed that like most people taking screenshots of their maps Rex used -nomonsters
I took those pictures before I had populated the map, but the player will get to see those "scenes" just as they are in the screenshots. This map has both, er .... a lack of monsters and enough monsters to keep you happy. And as everyone knows, it's the monsters you don't see that are the most scary. You'll see what I mean when you play it.

Old Post 06-10-03 12:55 #