Reaper Grimm
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > NEW DOOM PROJECT AND SITE

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:23. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
StRiKeR

I am looking for team members to help me on the "NovaShock" project. Check out my site for the details....

http://users.adelphia.net/~dzcarroll

Old Post 06-08-03 20:44 #
StRiKeR is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Amaster
Artificial Mechanical Android Skilled in Troubleshooting and Efficient Repair

Need more info. Is there anyting done so far? Is it port specific? Whats the style?

Old Post 06-08-03 20:49 #
Amaster is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grogglogobofink
BAN EVASION IS BAD FOR ME

your best plan is to make a level of it and then ask for mapping help. you won't have much luck finding people without first showing people what you can do yourself :)

Old Post 06-08-03 20:52 #
Grogglogobofink is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
StRiKeR

I am touching up a "demo" level that will server as a e1m1 level. I am not gonna go all out on a level to show what I can do. I will probally do the first level in NovaShock and release it to show you guys what I am capable of. I am trying to decide what port to support. I am leaning in the way of ZDOOM, but am also considering JDOOM and legacy. Any suggestions from you guys?

Old Post 06-08-03 21:00 #
StRiKeR is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
StRiKeR

Assmaster said:
Need more info. Is there anyting done so far? Is it port specific? Whats the style?

I have 3 of the levels drawn out on grid paper, but they might be scrapped. So nothing is really done. I will start on the first NovaShock level sometime next week. It will be called the "Diamond Port".

Old Post 06-08-03 21:03 #
Amaster
Artificial Mechanical Android Skilled in Troubleshooting and Efficient Repair

The choice of a port should be directed by what you have in mind. If your not sure yet, then maybe you should think this out a little more. Not trying to insult you or anything. Just some advice.

Old Post 06-08-03 21:03 #
Amaster is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
StRiKeR

It will probally be ZDOOM, since is has alot of features that would let me really create the NovaShock project in the way I invision it.

Old Post 06-08-03 21:05 #
Torn
google is your master

another one?...

Old Post 06-09-03 00:12 #
Torn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

StRiKeR, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Old Post 06-09-03 00:35 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
StRiKeR

I never said it was "mega-cool". I just said that I am gonna do a epidsode...

Old Post 06-09-03 01:38 #
StRiKeR

I have decided to implement support for Legacy. I am the most familiar with it and it supports scripting. There are already way too many projects with ZDOOM anyway. So I am gonna be different :)

Old Post 06-09-03 02:17 #
StRiKeR

The Ultimate DooMer said:
StRiKeR, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

I can assure you that this project will "get done" if I have to do it myself :) I am that dam dedicated, it's time I released something...

Also I will be starting on the first level in the NovaShock project "The Diamond Port" tomorrow

Last edited by StRiKeR on 06-09-03 at 03:07

Old Post 06-09-03 03:01 #
The Ultimate DooMer

StRiKeR said:
I never said it was "mega-cool". I just said that I am gonna do a epidsode...

That was actually a standing joke on these forums. We had a custom tag for people who post 'hello I'm new' threads (the tag got removed due to everyone abusing it), and recently someone joked about making a custom tag for someone starting a thread asking for help on their new project (it happens quite a lot here), so I thought it'd be funny to post a 'fake' custom tag.

Of course I didn't expect it to become real....

Old Post 06-09-03 10:33 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer

StRiKeR said:

I can assure you that this project will "get done" if I have to do it myself :) I am that dam dedicated, it's time I released something...

Also I will be starting on the first level in the NovaShock project "The Diamond Port" tomorrow

No offence of course (I posted it and someone created the custom tag afterwards).

Old Post 06-09-03 10:36 #
Torn
google is your master

The Ultimate DooMer said:

No offence of course (I posted it and someone created the custom tag afterwards).

heh, it is a nice tag. I got it added, asked one of the admins :P.
Alot easier. :)

Old Post 06-09-03 12:29 #
Torn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Erik

Torn said:
another one?...

yeppers...

Old Post 06-09-03 16:00 #
Erik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grazza
Let's try Caesium

That newproject tag fails it. It needs a few hyperlinks and an e-mail link or two.

Anyway, I think we should be careful not to appear too hostile to new projects - we risk pissing off and alienating the people who do have an interesting idea and are willing and capable of doing most of the work themselves.

Old Post 06-09-03 16:54 #
Grazza is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Grimm

Amen!

Old Post 06-09-03 19:03 #
Grimm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
StRiKeR

no offense taken :)

Old Post 06-09-03 19:32 #
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but should this not have been put in the Wads and Mods forum instead? Heh, oh, and good luck on this project of yours Striker. Maybe it'll see the light of day...

Old Post 06-10-03 12:56 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
boris
meow

Looks like Doomboy is right

Old Post 06-10-03 13:13 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Erik

doomboy was right?!? /me starts waiting for the sky to fall down.

Old Post 06-10-03 14:01 #
Erik is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ichor
The Mysterious Red Square

It fell yesterday, but no one seemed to notice.

Old Post 06-10-03 14:03 #
Ichor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DooMBoy
Heh
(but Stupidity still cannot be concealed)

Heh, a bit of cloud and gray sky bashed me in the noggin yesterday, and I still gotta splitting headache.

Old Post 06-10-03 14:21 #
DooMBoy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
KoolKat
Meow

I like the idea, and I would help you, but I've tied myself to the Metroid TC anchor and seem to be the only one keeping it off the bottom. (Other than ellmo.) You have good energy, keep it going, don't accept other junky jobs like I did. I burned myself out on other peoples crap, and I'm about through.

Old Post 06-11-03 03:33 #
KoolKat is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
StRiKeR

The first level is underway,and its gonne support Legacy. There is a very early screen of the main room in the first level or the project.
Check the site for the pic,or newdoom.com as its the "featured" pic for today...

http://users.adelphia.net/~dzcarroll

Old Post 06-11-03 04:32 #
Aleaver
Can't spll

StRiKeR,

Good luck on your project.. I started one of my own awhile back and people lost interest in it and I had though that maybe this was a bad Idea.But I kept at it and it turned out to be worth all the bother in the end. In fact I am currently working on the Second installment for the project. You seem hell bent in getting the project completed. Thats always a good thing. Glad to see new projects in the works!

Old Post 06-11-03 05:02 #
Aleaver is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
StRiKeR

Thanks man, I am definetly hell bent on getting this project done :) Cool site by the way. Good luck with NHFL Ep2!

Old Post 06-11-03 05:14 #