Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiGHTMARE

In-progress projects

Dark Nexus - JDoom & Legacy

Space Station DM (just a bunch of DM levels for Legacy using 3D bridges, liquid, etc.) - Legacy

Scourge - Legacy. Not sure what the hell this is going to be. It just started with a dream I had and has since manifested itself in my brain, growing larger and larger. Will probably make it into /newstuff at some point and time.

*sigh* ...more like an artist for hire now I guess.

Yep, and you are hired. I hope that's comin' along well.

Currently I'm head of a super secret project for Vanilla Doom that replaces just about every type of entry. Yay! (Always fun in Vanilla Doom.) You guys and gals probably won't like it, though. After that I'm either gonna work on Grimm's Canyon or Biohazard, probably Grimm's Canyon. (I need to do an outdoorsy map, all this tech base crap is killing me.)

Scuba Steve said:

...something with Ghosts...and busting them.

*sigh* ...more like an artist for hire now I guess.

Damnit! That project cant die! The available maps are so awesmoe.

Grimm said:

Currently I'm head of a super secret project for Vanilla Doom that replaces just about every type of entry. Yay!

Argh! chex quest 2!

There already is a Chex Quest 2. And a Chex Quest 3 for that matter.

EDIT: Despite what it says on the Underdogs, I'm not sure if 3 is official or not. It contains all manner of textures and sprites that appear to have been 'borrowed' from elsewhere (e.g. STRAIN and Requiem).

YES!!!! Chex Quest was awesome! Was it originally made for Doom, though? I find that kinda hard to imagine . . .

Hey, I can't figure out how to download it. Someone help me out.

So, did whoever is in charge of Chex actually license the Doom engine so they could put it along with Chex Quest on a CD, or was it just the WAD, or what?

No it wasn't just the IWAD. It came with a slightly modified DooM engine too.

Cyb said:

massm2 - nearly done, give me another week or two :P (part of the last map + sounds + sprite stuff to finish)

:D

Oh my God, that has to be one of the funniest things I've heard of in a long, long time! I can't believe the head honchos of Chex actually licensed the Doom(!) engine for a promo! Unbelieveable! I gotta tell my friends about this one!

Epyo said:

No it wasn't just the IWAD. It came with a slightly modified DooM engine too.

Modified my ass. Nothing was different about the important parts of the game engine, it was just changed to allow cutscenes instead of having to use those text type-outs like before MAP12 and so on because the kids wouldn't have enough attention span to keep up.

And by the way I'm working on:

- ZStrife (Strife and all its behavior ported to ZDoom or re-interpreted)

- An Aliens TC remake for ZDoom, because I believe something that was so immersive when it came out can be about 50 times moreso now with ZDoom specials, especially now with the 3d lights. At first I thought just the scripting and ambient sounds back in the 1.22 days would carry me to that goal, but now there's so much more stuff, newly realized possibilities, so on. There should be some new graphics, of course. I probably won't use many of the original textures/flats at all because they really don't fit and I don't know how Justin Fisher managed to pull it off.

The odds of either of these coming out before Millennium or Duke 4 are very unfavorable.

Cyb: In massmouth 2, please change the "use" sound. The one in the first wad was the most irritating sound on earth :P

Heh, that's kinda funny, Ultraviolet, 'cause I was seriously considering making an Aliens TC remake myself, following the logic of, "If it was that cool then, even with medicore level design, imagine how cool it could be now!" If you ever decide to organize a group behind it, I'll be to help. (Provided I'm not busy on anything else at the time.)

Assmaster said:

Cyb: In massmouth 2, please change the "use" sound. The one in the first wad was the most irritating sound on earth :P

you mean DSNOWAY (failed use I guess would be better)?

heh sorry, player sounds are staying the same :P though I did knock down the volume on them so they're less irritating

and don't worry, there will be pleanty more things to irritate you than DSNOWAY hehe (not the bats tho)

Deathbringer, I looked at your site, nice to see that there are some updates!

1) Schreienwolf Fortress (completed?) - A Wolfdoom map with a zdoom twist: Colored lighting, silent teleportation, scripted actions, etc.

2) "Catacombs" (in progress) - Trying to improve the name some. Basically a variety of dark passages that lead to a hidden lava chasm and an underground fortification.

everyone, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

XD

Hm, i have got another update to my site to make, i'll do it..right now XD

The Ultimate DooMer said:

Hmm...no-one's asking for help on their projects here.

That's weird. World go upside down go boom!

I'm thinking of making a zDoom megawad (with help of course) which takes place in the Harry Potter world, but before Harry is even born. You are going to be an auror in the Order of the Phoenix, in th early times of Voldemort, and it's not going to be a happy little kids game. This is going to be action, not "comic mischeif". Of course I have yet to start, however I hope to soon.

Heh, i remember some guy on a game makign site i used to go to had made a harry potter game based on his recollection of the movie, which he watched while stoned

choice quote: "You can use all the weapons from the movie, including the M-16, the SPAS 12, the UZI, the commando knife, molotov cocktails and harrys wand, which you can use to make knives fly inside the enemies on fire then they burn up from the inside" XD

I have begun some light work on another deathmatch weapons MOD...not a sequal to Cube but somthing totally different.

Currently working on two things:

* Doom Hyper Aesthetic Mod - a seriously enhanced version of Doom, made for ZDoom 2.0, in the vein of Immoral Conduct (works with any map you put into it, within reason). This one's already got 4 complete replacements for all the weapons, including a 3-round burst assault rifle that replaces the pistol and the Mercury Dispersion Cannon, a BFG replacement that nukes everything in the room (and even some stuff in the next room). Also contains a unique method of handling gib frames: everybody disintegrates into nothingness when they gib. This was actually done for technical reasons; I needed the spare frames to use for breakable things and weapons.
* Frequency Modulation Doom (Just Because I Can) - This was my own personal experiment to replace Doom's sounds with those made by FM synthesis (as played by the Adlib OPL3, the Yamaha YM2612, etc). However, I discovered that not everything works in FM, so I decided to include sounds made by Atari's JSA3 speech chip, resulting in monsters that say things like "NEEDS FOOD BADLY" and suchwise. I figure it's a logical next step from Doom From Your Mouth and NES Sounds Doom...

Hellcore is still alive and kicking, but we always need a hand. Anyone in the midst of a project, we could use some help, namely in level design.