Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > exe editing, how to...?

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:40. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ellmo
Custom Title

Help, someone... how can I change the default weapon firepower, or somethin'... i know about DeHacked, but it hasn't got options (at least I never found any) on changing weapons firepower...

Old Post 06-29-03 16:10 #
ellmo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Amaster
Artificial Mechanical Android Skilled in Troubleshooting and Efficient Repair

What do you mean by "firepower'?

Old Post 06-29-03 16:16 #
Amaster is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
boris
meow

Edit the source :P

Old Post 06-29-03 16:17 #
boris is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

Use EDGE's DDF.

Old Post 06-29-03 16:23 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ellmo
Custom Title

Assmaster said:
What do you mean by "firepower'?

I mean the amount of damage that a specific weapon deals to target. Lets say I'd like the pistol to become twice as powerfull, but by changing the frame duration It'll have a lower firing rate.

Oh, and I'm not going to use EDGE, I don't like this Source at all (no offence to others), I'm staying with ZDoom...

Old Post 06-29-03 22:03 #
ellmo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
deathbringer
Post invalidated by first word being "uhhh"

uhhhhhhhhh

i think you can use zoom scripting to do it, or you could give both pistol firing frames the codepointer for shooting a bullet, and make thier durations tiny, so it shoots two bullets pretty much 'as one', which doubles the firepower, but also uses 2 bullets XD

(Immoral conduct dehacked has a sniper rifle that shoots about 11 bullets really close together actually, its cool)

Old Post 06-29-03 23:23 #
deathbringer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
player

what I would like to do is try to make a mod that would push doom or doom 2 to its very limits but it would take a lot of time, perhaps if there was a windows version of dehacked or a deh editor for windows but if Zooms good for making new weapons and enemies i might as well use that

Old Post 06-30-03 01:47 #
player is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Nanami
not a woman

ACS can't really change how a weapon acts. And you can't directly edit how much damage a hitscan weapon does.

You could do what deathbringer said, but yes, it'll use 2 bullets.

I think there may be something in .bex that will work with that, but I don't know enough about .bex to say.

Old Post 06-30-03 01:59 #
Nanami is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Epyo
Dude

Windows version of DeHackEd? Try WhackEd!

Old Post 06-30-03 02:01 #
Epyo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
player

ah nice , im having problems with windows 98 using dehacked and i dont want to use win2k for handling dos programs

Old Post 06-30-03 02:11 #
player is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

Nanami said:
ACS can't really change how a weapon acts. And you can't directly edit how much damage a hitscan weapon does.

You could do what deathbringer said, but yes, it'll use 2 bullets.

I think there may be something in .bex that will work with that, but I don't know enough about .bex to say.

Weapon 1 (Double-Strength Pistol)

Ammo use = 1
Min ammo = 1

Old Post 06-30-03 07:47 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Nanami
not a woman

The Ultimate DooMer said:

Ammo use = 1
Min ammo = 1

That's cool. Where can I find more information like this? Is there a .bex tutorial and example page you know of?

Old Post 06-30-03 09:15 #
Nanami is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

The Ultimate DooMer said:

Ammo use = 1
Min ammo = 1

Actually, ammo use sets the value of ammo used for each code pointer in the firing sequence. Therefore, if you have 2 firing code pointers in your sequence, your pistol will still use 2 shots even with ammo use = 1. For info (for Nanami) Min ammo sets the minimum ammo before the weapon can be used. If you have less than that amount of ammo, the weapon cannot be fired, and will automatically change away to another weapon if you try and fire with less than the min ammo value.

To illustrate:

The Super shotgun effectively has

Ammo use = 2
Min ammo = 2

and the BFG

Ammo use = 40
Min Ammo = 40

You could set it to

Ammo use = 40
Min Ammo = 80

Which would use 40 cells every shot, but would only allow you to fire if you had 80 ammo.

or

Ammo use = 40
Min Ammo = 20

Which would allow you to fire with only 20 cells, putting you into negative ammo values in your inventory.

There's no official documentation on this yet (or any other post ver 1.22 features) but a search on the Zdoom forum will certainly turn up a few dicussions about this.

A lot of useful stuff can be found in this thread:

http://notgod.com/phorum/read.php?f=12&i=4265&t=4257

Old Post 06-30-03 18:12 #
Enjay is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Nanami
not a woman

Yeah, after playing with it for a while I noticed that's how it worked. I achieved my goal though.

The SSG I made uses two codepointers to shoot, and it was taking 4 ammo. I fixed it with that by making both shots only take 1 ammo, so it takes 2 total again. =)

Old Post 06-30-03 19:33 #
player

ok... that makes sense im fooling around with all weapons to see if i like how they work after,

unfortunately its much harder to do in whacked

Old Post 06-30-03 22:31 #
ellmo
Custom Title

Jesus, there must be an information in the *.exe file on how much damage each shot does, the projectiles in Doom have their own "thing missile damage" attribute that can be switched easily, but there has to be something in *.exe. Doom's not taking it from nowhere, is he?

Old Post 07-03-03 14:15 #
Quasar

In the original exe, the amount of damage to use for a bullet shot is defined through a macro, and therefore is found inlined in about 3000 different places in the executable. Its impossible to know which 3's and 5's (bullet damage is (rnd%3 + 1) * 5) to edit, because 3 and 5 are extremely common numbers in a compiled executable, obviously.

This is why DeHackEd never could edit bullet damage.

I have added a parameterized codepointer to Eternity that, among other things, lets you create bullets with custom damage ranges. However, nobody ever really cares about what I put in Eternity anyways so its pointless to mention it :P

Old Post 07-03-03 19:30 #
Quasar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
player

i would like to create that weapon from die another day that uses the uranium shells

Old Post 07-03-03 23:45 #