Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StRiKeR

D64 TC, Love it or hate it?

Deathman said:

I had the same problem when I used to play the game on my n64, once you enter the center room, teleport and reach the next teleporter. from there you must get the blue armor/beserk pack in order for the ending battle sequence to happen.

Well, here's the deal: Nothing happens when I grab the blue armor and berserk pack.
Lemme get my problem cleared up for you: I walk over those marks in the floor to summon in all the demons (I do it one by one) until I scoop up the blue key. I kill everything, enter the teleporter in the centre (behind the blue bars and up the lift) I kill the former humans that teleport in and snap up all the goodies (blue armour and berserk pack) - then I return to the starting location where a lot of walls have opened up, revealing some small piles of ammo. I snap up the berserk pack in the centre of this wall structure in the centre of the courtyard and....
...nothing happens.

Commence repeatedly banging my head into a wall in frustration :-P

And it should be noted that everything was fine when I played on "I own Doom!" - the monsters all showed up, including the final battle and I don't recall that I did anything differently.

dsm said:
I think it was a bug that affected my system. At any rate, the updated version of the TC took care of my 'little' problem, so now everything's just swell :-)

you lads got a patch it save me from re downloading it the whole thing?

when it was updated, there were some things that had to be changed in the wad itself...so no, there isn't any patches.

although I wish there was a way to make a patch that can modify the wad without having to reupload the whole thing again.

btw, you must walk over a trip line to make the final battle active

here's a picture on that line that must be crossed

http://dsv.newdoom.com/trash/wys.jpg

btw, everything still works fine for me.
ALTHOUGH, I hope the very latest version of Doomsday didn't sqrew anything up (I am still using 1.7.11 of Doomsday).

Deathman said:

btw, you must walk over a trip line to make the final battle active

here's a picture on that line that must be crossed

http://dsv.newdoom.com/trash/wys.jpg

Hmm, gotta test that. Thanks in advance.
[edit]K, it works. Sorry about wasting your time on small things like this.[/edit]

no problem at all. besides, I am glad you told me this, if there was ever a problem, I can take care of that bug.

the TC still has some bugs that I am not aware of.