Baron of Hell
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > A damn good idea

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 15:16. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Job
Forum Legend

With it's brain that size, couldn't the spidermastermind temporarily generate a mental shield now and then? Now that'd make it a tough boss to face. And that would make up for it's 1-bfg-less-health than the cybie. If this an be modded, I think it would be great. (Nanami should be all over this shit)

Last edited by Job on 07-02-03 at 17:04

Old Post 07-02-03 16:05 #
Job is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
toxicfluff

Where's that two-player mod which was around for a little while where you had to spawn your own demon army, and lead them into battle against your friend's??? You could command them on the automap or just lead them in first person..... was called Doomwars or something.

//edited for punctuation

RUST

Old Post 07-02-03 16:30 #
toxicfluff is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Job
Forum Legend

The main idea/suggestion is editing the Spidermastermind to have a temporary mental shielding. Like, it can shield itself for 1.8 seconds, every 5 or 6 seconds.

Last edited by Job on 07-02-03 at 17:02

Old Post 07-02-03 16:40 #
Job is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

Easy to do in Zdoom. You have the choice of making it invulnerable for as long as you like, or invulnerable and reflective so that any projectiles (but not hitscan weapons) will bounce off during periods of invulnerability.

Old Post 07-02-03 19:09 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
deathbringer
Post invalidated by first word being "uhhh"

uhhhhhhh

I remember doomwars, that was around back when i was making my anarchy TC (i remember playing the TC in it, spawning friendly police helicopters and FBI agents (chaingunners with 200 health, heh) to help me). I was waiting for some improvements to it then i was gonna make a total anniahlation TC, but they never came

Old Post 07-02-03 19:48 #
deathbringer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
player

that metal sheilding idea reminds me of q2 where there were those huge enemie like tanks and they were protected

Old Post 07-02-03 20:01 #
player is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

But of course, they weren't invincible (just stronger).

Old Post 07-02-03 20:25 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
toxicfluff

deathbringer said:
I was waiting for some improvements to it then i was gonna make a total anniahlation TC, but they never came

Yeah, I was really disappointed too. Because it was pretty damn buggy, but I had some really fun splitscreen games with the mod.

RUST

Old Post 07-03-03 02:26 #
toxicfluff is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote